Anna Paquin Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Anna Paquin
> Anna Paquin Trivia
- Famous as : Actress
- Birth Name : Anna Helene Paquin
- Birth Date : July 24, 1982
- Birth Place : Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Spouse : Stephen Moyer (actor, since 21-Aug-10)
- Claim to Fame : As Flora McGrath in "The Piano" (1993)
- Worked with her brother, Andrew, in their film production of "Blue State" (2008) which she also starred.
- Aspired to be the Prime Minister of New Zealand or a lawyer when she was younger.
- Has kept in close contact with both of her"X-Men 2" (2003) co-stars Shawn Ashmore and Aaron Stanford after filming the movie.
- Likes doing photography, playing the piano, swimming, skiing, knitting, reading, watching rugby, running, and listening to alternative music.
- Portrayed Jeff Daniels' romantic partner in "The Squid and the Whale" (2005) while she previously had played her daughter nine years ago in "Fly Away Home" (1996).
- Was listed in Teen People Magazine's 25 Hottest Stars under 25 in 2002.
- Made a brief trip to Toronto, Canada while filming "Amistad" (1997) in Montreal to undergo 5 TV ads for a telephone company of her hometown in Winnipeg and delivered all of them using a Canadian accent in a variety of costumes.
- Got tickled on her feet by David Letterman in "Late Show with David Letterman" by 1996 when she was tricked by him to climb into what seemed to be a magician box with only her head and feet exposed.
- Actually was the first choice to play Enola on "Water World" (1995), but the role eventually went to Tina Majorino instead.
- Defeated about 5,000 girls for the role of Flora McGrath in "The Piano" (1993).
- Still has not watched all of "The Piano" (1993) as the movie was rated R when being released in that year whereas she at that time was only 11 years old.
- Once worked in an L.A soup kitchen and at a special education center to complete her school's community requirement.
- Her first acting experience was playing a skunk in a school ballet.
- Appeared in a series of MCI commercials.
- Her theatrical resume includes Kenneth Lonergan's West End production of "This is Our Youth", Paul Weitz's Ensemble Studio Theater's "Roulette", and Neil LaBute's "The Distance from Here."
- Has been the college classmate of Julia Stiles.
- Is the big fan of The Beatles and Nine Inch Nails.
- Puts her Oscar statue in her bedroom closet so people who visit her house will not see and feel the need to give their comment on it.
- Her pets are two cats and a dog.
- Speaks fluent French.
- Is the first New Zealand citizen to earn an Oscar for Best Supporting category.
- Can play cello well.
- Her favorite color is green.
- Is a vegetarian.