At the Television Critics Association Awards, FX leads the pack of winners with four nods including three from the first installment of 'American Crime Story'.
AceShowbiz - "The People vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story" tops this year's Television Critics Association Awards. The FX show based on the true story collects three nods including the coveted Program of the Year and Outstanding Achievement in Movies, Miniseries and Specials. Its star %cSarah Paulson% receives Individual Achievement in Drama.
Overall, FX dominates the winner list with four. Aside from the "People vs. O.J. Simpson" triple victory, the network adds another gong with "The Americans" which wins Outstanding Achievement in Drama. It's the second year in row that the period drama series grabs the title at the TCA awards.
USA's "Mr. Robot" is named Outstanding New Program, ABC's "Black-ish" is recognized as Outstanding Achievement in Comedy, and %cRachel Bloom% wins Individual Achievement in Comedy for her role on The CW's "Craxy Ex-Girlfriend". %cLily Tomlin% is feted with Life Achievement Award.
- Program of the Year: "The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story" (FX)
- Outstanding Achievement in Drama: "The Americans" (FX)
- Individual Achievement in Drama: %cSarah Paulson% ("The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story" (FX)
- Outstanding Achievement in Comedy: "Black-ish" (ABC)
- Individual Achievement in Comedy: %cRachel Bloom% ("Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" (The CW)
- Outstanding New Program: "Mr. Robot" (USA)
- Outstanding Achievement in Movies, Miniseries and Specials: "The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story" (FX)
- Outstanding Achievement in News and Information: "Full Frontal with %cSamantha Bee%" (TBS)
- Outstanding Achievement in Reality Programming: "Making a Murderer" (Netflix)
- Outstanding Achievement in Youth Programming: "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" (PBS)
- Heritage Award: "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" (CBS)
- Career Achievement Award: %cLily Tomlin%