AceShowbiz - Foreign Minister Julie Bishop officially announced that Marvel and Disney's "Thor: Ragnarok" and 20th Century Fox's "Alien: Paradise Lost" would be filmed in Australia. Both movies are expected to start production next year.
Bishop said that during her recent visits to both Los Angeles and New York, she met with senior executives of the major films and production houses. According to her, all of the parties "expressed a very keen desire to invest in significant new film production projects" in Australia.
Ausfilm also issued a press release announcing the news about the two major projects. The site stated that after Disney's positive experience earlier this year collaborating with Australia's film crews for "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales", Marvel planned to partner with Australia again.
"These two major U.S. productions will inject hundreds of millions of dollars into the economy, employ thousands of people across Australia not just within our screen industry but will also utilise Australian goods and services," said Debra Richards, CEO of Ausfilm.
"Thor: Ragnarok" stars Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston and Jaimie Alexander and is expected to feature Mark Ruffalo's Hulk. Directed by Taika Waititi, the God of the Norse movie is scheduled to be released in the U.S. on November 3, 2017.
As for the "Prometheus" sequel, it brings back Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace. Ridley Scott directs and produces the movie alongside Walter Hill. Official release date has yet to be announced, but the Alien movie is expected to arrive Statesides in 2107.