Other films which are up for the Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures award include 'Nightcrawler', 'Foxcatcher' and 'The Imitation Game'.
AceShowbiz - Nominees for the 26th annual Producers Guild Awards have been announced. On Monday, January 5, the Producers Guild of America (PGA) unveiled outstanding pictures which are up for trophies in various categories. Some of the nominees in movie category include Richard Linklater's 12-year project "Boyhood" and Ben Affleck-starrer "Gone Girl".
The two flicks are up for the Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures award. They will face fierce fights against other heavy contenders such as Bradley Cooper-starring "American Sniper", "Birdman" starring Michael Keaton and Edward Norton, "Foxcatcher" featuring Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo as wrestlers, "The Grand Budapest Hotel", Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley-starring WWII drama "The Imitation Game", "Nightcrawler", Stephen Hawking biopic "The Theory of Everything" starring Eddie Redmayne, and "Whiplash".
Many previous winners of PGA ended up winning a trophy at the Oscars. Last year, eight of ten nominees scored a nomination at the Academy Awards. "12 Years a Slave" bagged the Best Picture trophy after defeating fellow PGA winner "Gravity".
In animated feature category, Disney's "Big Hero 6" is up for a trophy. "The Book of Life", "The Boxtrolls", "How To Train Your Dragon 2" and "The Lego Movie" are also eyeing the award.
Winners from various categories are announced on January 24.
Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures:
Outstanding Producer of Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures:
- "American Sniper" (Warner Bros. Pictures)
Producers: Bradley Cooper, p.g.a., Clint Eastwood, p.g.a., Andrew Lazar, p.g.a., Robert Lorenz, p.g.a., Peter Morgan, p.g.a.
- "Birdman" (Fox Searchlight Pictures)
Producers: Alejandro G. Inarritu, John Lesher, James W. Skotchdopole
- "Boyhood" (IFC Films)
Producers: Richard Linklater, p.g.a., Cathleen Sutherland, p.g.a.
- "Foxcatcher" (Sony Pictures Classics)
Producers: Megan Ellison, p.g.a., Jon Kilik, p.g.a., Bennett Miller, p.g.a.
- "Gone Girl" (20th Century Fox)
Producer: Cean Chaffin, p.g.a.
- "The Grand Budapest Hotel" (Fox Searchlight Pictures)
Producers: Wes Anderson & Scott Rudin, Jeremy Dawson, Steven Rales
- "The Imitation Game" (The Weinstein Company)
Producers: Nora Grossman, p.g.a., Ido Ostrowsky, p.g.a., Teddy Schwarzman, p.g.a.
- "Nightcrawler" (Open Road Films)
Producers: Jennifer Fox, Tony Gilroy
- "The Theory of Everything" (Focus Features)
Producers: Tim Bevan & Eric Fellner, Lisa Bruce, Anthony McCarten
- "Whiplash" (Sony Pictures Classics)
Producers: Jason Blum, Helen Estabrook, David Lancaster
Outstanding Producer of Documentary Theatrical Motion Pictures (previously announced):
- "Big Hero 6" (Walt Disney Animation Studios)
Producer: Roy Conli, p.g.a.
- "The Book of Life" (20th Century Fox)
Producers: Brad Booker, p.g.a., Guillermo del Toro, p.g.a.
- "The Boxtrolls" (Focus Features)
Producers: David Bleiman Ichioka, p.g.a., Travis Knight, p.g.a.
- "How To Train Your Dragon 2" (20th Century Fox)
Producer: Bonnie Arnold, p.g.a.
- "The Lego Movie" (Warner Bros. Pictures)
Producer: Dan Lin
- "The Green Prince" (Music Box Films)
Producers: John Battsek, Simon Chinn, Nadav Schirman
- "Life Itself" (Magnolia Pictures)
Producers: Garrett Basch, Steve James, Zak Piper
- "Merchants of Doubt" (Sony Pictures Classics)
Producers: Robert Kenner, Melissa Robledo
- "Particle Fever" (Abramorama/BOND 360)
Producers: David E. Kaplan, Mark A. Levinson, Andrea Miller, Carla Solomon
- "Virunga" (Netflix)
Producers: Joanna Natasegara, Orlando von Einsiedel