The other musicians who take home coveted prizes at the Canadian awards show include Feist, Michael Buble, Melanie Fiona and Hedley.
While U.S. country music community held a party in Las Vegas for the 47th Annual Academy of Country Music (ACM) Awards, Canadian musicians conducted a celebration of their own at Scotiabank Place in Ontario for 2012 Juno Awards. Among those who walked home with coveted prizes were Justin Bieber, Drake and Adele.
Bieber won Juno Fan Choice, beating such competitors as Arcade Fire, Avril Lavigne, Deadmau5, Hedley, Michael Buble, Nickelback and Drizzy. The "Boyfriend" singer dedicated the award to his fans as tweeting, "WE not me...won the JUNO!! #ILOVEMYBELIEBERS #THANKYOU."
Although failing to win the Fan Choice award, Drizzy managed to grab Best Rap Recording for his single with Rihanna, "Take Care". Adele, meanwhile, received an honor as International Album of the Year recipient, thanks to her ground-breaking effort "21". The "Rumour Has It" singer pushed aside Coldplay, Lady GaGa, LMFAO and Riri.
Another winner at the prize-giving event was Feist who won three kudos including Artist of the Year. The other lucky musicians included Michael Buble for Album of the Year, Melanie Fiona for R&B/Soul Recording, and Hedley for Pop Album of the Year. Full winner list can be obtained on Juno official website.
- Juno Fan Choice: Justin Bieber
- Single of the Year: The Sheepdogs - "I Don't Know"
- International Album of the Year: Adele - "21"
- Album of the Year: Michael Buble - "Christmas"
- Artist of the Year: Feist
- Group of the Year: Arkells
- New Artist of the Year: Dan Mangan
- New Group of the Year: The Sheepdogs
- Adult Alternative Album of the Year: Feist - "Metals"
- Alternative Album of the Year: Dan Mangan - "Oh Fortune"
- Pop Album of the Year: Hedley - "Storms"
- Rock Album of the Year: The Sheepdogs - "Learn & Burn"
- Rap Recording: Drake - "Take Care"
- R&B/Soul Recording: Melanie Fiona - "Gone and Never Coming Back"