As the 'Rolling in the Deep' singer reclaims the first position on the chart, the latest 'Glee' compilation could only enter at the runner-up place.
Adele keeps coming back to No. 1 place on Billboard Hot 200. This week, her second studio album "21" has once again rebound to the hot spot, thanks to its 65 percent upstick in sales (153,000 copies). This album gives the British singer her fifth non-consecutive week atop the list.
Adele's reign on the chart has blocked the only new entry of this week, "Glee The Music Presents the Warblers", to taste the penthouse. Featuring Darren Criss and the other kids from the Warblers Academy, the latest compilation of the FOX hit TV series lands at No. 2 with 86,000 units sold in its opening week. It rakes in the second-smallest selling number after "The Rocky Horror Glee Show (EP)" bowed with 48,000 last year.
Instead of having another new release cracking the top 10, the U.S. album chart sees "Lemonade Mouth" CD, which was released two weeks ago, leaping from No. 18 to No. 4. Another soundtrack album of TV series, the compilation has added around 69,000 copies in its second week on sale. Additionally, Justin Bieber returns to the list at No. 10 with "Never Say Never - The Remixes".
The rest of the chart are holdovers from the past few weeks. Britney Spears' "Femme Fatale" rises one spot to No. 5, Alison Krauss and Union Station's "Paper Airplane" slips to No. 6, Mumford & Sons' "Sigh No More" climbs up to No. 7, and Paul Simon's "So Beautiful or So What" falls to No. 8. Sitting on the next spot is Chris Brown's "F.A.M.E." which remains unmoved since last week.
- "21" - Adele (153,000)
- "Glee The Music Presents the Warblers" - various artists (86,000)
- "Wasting Light" - Foo Fighters (72,000)
- "Lemonade Mouth" soundtrack album - various artists (69,000)
- "Femme Fatale" - Britney Spears (45,000)
- "Paper Airplane" - Alison Krauss and Union Station (42,000)
- "Sigh No More" - Mumford & Sons (39,000)
- "So Beautiful or So What" - Paul Simon (37,000)
- "F.A.M.E." - Chris Brown (37,000)
- "Never Say Never - The Remixes" - Justin Bieber (36,000)