A production on "Men in Black 3" is delayed, fueling rumor that there is a dispute among cast Will Smith, director Barry Sonnenfeld and the producers, New York Post's Page Six reported. The clash is allegedly caused by Smith's request for some changes to the script.
The hiatus is said to be the second time for the movie which has gone into pre-production in New York City in September. " 'Men in Black 3' has gone on hiatus again, this time for two weeks, after having shut down for a week and started back up. Smith, Sonnenfeld and the producers have been fighting. The start date for filming had already been put off," a source told the site.
However, Sony Pictures has their own argument on the delay, blasting off rumor about the feud among the insiders. A rep for the company told Page Six, "The only reason production will begin in mid-November as opposed to late October is to take advantage of recent changes affecting New York State film incentives. Suggesting that a disagreement triggered the shift is complete fiction."
Affirming that the relationship between Smith and Sonnenfeld is still good, another source said, "Will and Barry have worked together on numerous films and they are friends as well as creative collaborators." Meanwhile, a rep for the actor has not released a comment regarding the report.
There is no word on whether or not the delay will affect the release of "Men in Black 3", which is currently scheduled to open in U.S. theaters on May 25, 2012. Will Smith will reprise his role as Agent Jay and Tommy Lee Jones will be back as Agent Kay. New cast members will include Josh Brolin and Jemaine Clement, with Emma Thompson rumored to portray the head of MIB.