Have a listen to the two tracks from the soundtrack of 'August Rush' that was released yesterday, November 13.
Those who haven't caught the attention of 'August Rush' soundtrack may now hear the streaming of two of the tracks. We have acquired the audio streaming of both 'Someday' and 'Moondance'.
The 15-tracks compilation boast performances from music greats such as John Legend, Chris Botti, Paula Cole, as well as the flick's main actor, Jonathan Rhys-Meyer. There are also original contributions from John Ondrasik aka. Five for Fighting, and jazz guitarist Kaki King.
Botti and Cole's duet cover Billie Holiday's 'God Bless the Child' while Botti's solo on 'Moondance' is another version of the song originally made popular by Van Morrison.
In addition, Broadway singer Leon G. Thomas III made rendition of Ritchie Valens' 'La Bamba'. The original scores are all composed by Mark Mancina ('The Haunted Mansion', 'Con Air', 'Speed').
The album has hit the stores yesterday (November 13) via Columbia Records. Meanwhile, the movie which stars Keri Russell, Freddie Highmore and Robin Williams, will open nationwide on Wednesday, November 21.
'Someday' by John Legend:
- Main Title - Mark Mancina
- Bach/Break - Steve Erdody and Jonathan Rhys Meyers
- Moondance featuring Jonathan Rhys Meyers
- This Time - Jonathan Rhys Meyers
- Bari Improv - Kaki King
- Ritual Dance - Kaki King
- Raise It Up - Jamia Simone Nash and Impact Repertory Theater
- Dueling Guitars - Heitor Pereira and Doug Smith
- Elgar/Something Inside - Steve Erdody and Jonathan Rhys Meyers
- August's Rhapsody featuring Freddie Highmore - Mark Mancina
- Someday - John Legend
- King of the Earth - John Ondrasik
- God Bless the Child - Chris Botti and Paula Cole
- La Bamba - Leon Thomas III
- Moondance - Chris Botti (Hidden Track)