The Weeknd just keeps crashing the charts ahead of the release of his highly-anticipated second album. After scoring Top 3 hit on Billboard Hot 100 with "Earned It" from the "Fifty Shades of Grey" soundtrack, the singer whose real name is Abel Tesfaye recently returned with "Can't Feel My Face" which has officially become his biggest single to date.
The Michael Jackson-esque track was written by Abel along with hitmakers Max Martin, Savan Kotecha and Ali Payami. It first leaked in May before being officially released in June to critical acclaim. It debuted at No. 24 on the Hot 100 and quickly climbed to the chart's No. 2, becoming the Canadian native's highest charting single in the U.S. so far.
"Can't Feel My Face" is set to appear on Abel's "Beauty Behind the Madness" album, which is scheduled to come out on August 28. Not much has been revealed about the record, but it's already been confirmed that the project will also feature the previously-released singles "Often" and "The Hills".
The latter title was released last May and was met with mostly positive reviews from music critics. It's also a commercial success, having sold more than 700,000 copies in the country as of August and peaked at No. 10 on the Hot 100.
In the Night (Short Version)
Browse All Video
THE WEEKND BIO
The Weeknd was dubbed the songbird of his generation. He rose above other fellow newcomers with his rich expertise in music. Born Abel Tesfaye in Scarborough, Ontario on February 16, 1990, he grew up listening to a variety of music genres, including soul, quiet storm, hip hop, funk, indie rock, and post-punk. » more
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump May 26, 2016
- The Weeknd Apologizes to Usher for Post-BBMAs Tweet May 24, 2016
- Billboard Music Awards 2016: Celine Dion, The Weeknd and Adele Are Biggest Winners May 23, 2016
- The Weeknd Looks Unimpressed With Ciara's Twerking at 2016 BBMAs. Watch His Reaction! May 23, 2016
- Billboard Music Awards 2016: The Weeknd and Wiz Khalifa Among First Winners May 23, 2016