The Weeknd is back with his third studio album "Starboy". The album's title track featuring French electronic duo Daft Punk debuted at No. 40 on the Billboard Hot 100 and has since peaked at No. 3. It also peaked at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
The music video for "Starboy" was directed by The Weeknd's frequent collaborator Grant Singer, who previously helmed "Can't Feel My Face" and "The Hills". It was nominated for Best Video at the 2016 MTV Europe Music Awards a day before its release and has gained more than 53 million views on YouTube since its September 28 release.
The Weeknd released the second single "False Alarm" on September 30.
"Starboy", which is an 18-track album, is set to be released on November 25 through Republic Records. As The Weeknd earned his first No. 1 album on Billboard 200 with his sophomore album "Beauty Behind the Madness" in 2015, "Starboy" is expected to debut at No. 1 on the chart next month.
Browse All Video
THE WEEKND BIO
The Weeknd was dubbed the songbird of his generation. He rose above other fellow newcomers with his rich expertise in music. Born Abel Tesfaye in Scarborough, Ontario on February 16, 1990, he grew up listening to a variety of music genres, including soul, quiet storm, hip hop, funk, indie rock, and post-punk. » more
- Drake Brings Out The Weeknd on Stage During Show in Germany Feb 27, 2017
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram Feb 27, 2017
- Selena Gomez Jets Off to Amsterdam to Support The Weeknd on His Tour Feb 25, 2017
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid Feb 23, 2017
- Bella Hadid Gets 'Very Flirty' With a 'Mystery Photographer.' Moving on From The Weeknd? Feb 22, 2017