The Weeknd just keeps crashing the charts ahead of the release of his highly-anticipated second album. After scoring Top 3 hit on Billboard Hot 100 with "Earned It" from the "Fifty Shades of Grey" soundtrack, the singer whose real name is Abel Tesfaye recently returned with "Can't Feel My Face" which has officially become his biggest single to date.
The Michael Jackson-esque track was written by Abel along with hitmakers Max Martin, Savan Kotecha and Ali Payami. It first leaked in May before being officially released in June to critical acclaim. It debuted at No. 24 on the Hot 100 and quickly climbed to the chart's No. 2, becoming the Canadian native's highest charting single in the U.S. so far.
"Can't Feel My Face" is set to appear on Abel's "Beauty Behind the Madness" album, which is scheduled to come out on August 28. Not much has been revealed about the record, but it's already been confirmed that the project will also feature the previously-released singles "Often" and "The Hills".
The latter title was released last May and was met with mostly positive reviews from music critics. It's also a commercial success, having sold more than 700,000 copies in the country as of August and peaked at No. 10 on the Hot 100.
In the Night (Short Version)
Browse All Video
THE WEEKND BIO
The Weeknd was dubbed the songbird of his generation. He rose above other fellow newcomers with his rich expertise in music. Born Abel Tesfaye in Scarborough, Ontario on February 16, 1990, he grew up listening to a variety of music genres, including soul, quiet storm, hip hop, funk, indie rock, and post-punk. » more
- The Weeknd, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Adele Top Nominees for 2016 Billboard Music Awards Apr 12, 2016
- The Weeknd Quits Rihanna's 'Anti' Tour in Europe Mar 24, 2016
- Watch Eminem Cover The Weeknd's 'The Hills' at His Lollapalooza Brazil Set Mar 16, 2016
- Future Performs With The Weeknd on 'Saturday Night Live' Mar 07, 2016
- Academy Awards 2016: Sam Smith, The Weeknd and Lady GaGa Perform Nominated Songs Feb 29, 2016