It's been a while since Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter release new music. Eight years after "Human After All", the Daft Punk duo will finally release a proper studio album "Random Access Memories" set for May 21 in the United States.
In their 20-year history, the Homem-Christo/Bangalter duo has redefined electronic music, pioneered the live dance concert experience and shaped Pop culture. In the new effort, the house music act stays true to their roots with a boast of guests like Pharrell Williams and Julian Casablancas.
The Neptunes' member assisted the group in their lead single "Get Lucky". The song brought those three to rule the chart in U.K., becoming the duo's first No. 1 hit. It additionally reached No. 14 in the United States, marking the duo's first ever top 40 hit on the chart.
"Random Access Memories" is not just any electronic-music album. The Daft Punk creation differs from the other efforts as it pays tribute to the late 1970s and early 80s era of music in the United States, particularly the sound of Los Angeles recordings of the period.
Instant Crush (Feat. Julian Casablancas)
Browse All Video
DAFT PUNK BIO
Daft Punk are known as much for their music and technical innovation as their groundbreaking and elaborate visual universe, which centers around their irrepressible and mysterious Robot personas. They were formed by two friends Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo in 1987 initially under the moniker of darlin' with a third member Laurent Brancowitz. » more
- The Weeknd Scores Third No. 1 Single on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Starboy' Featuring Daft Punk Dec 28, 2016
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'Starboy' Ft. Daft Punk Sep 23, 2016
- Taylor Swift Indulged on In-N-Out Burger After 2014 Grammys Loss Oct 10, 2015
- Daft Punk Creates a Short Film for Nile Rodger's New CHIC Album Feb 23, 2015
- Kaleidoscope 2014: Important Events in Entertainment (Part 1/4) Dec 29, 2014