Penelope Cruz Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Penelope Cruz
> Penelope Cruz Trivia
- Famous as : Actress
- Birth Name : Penelope Cruz Sanchez
- Birth Date : April 28, 1974
- Birth Place : Madrid, Spain
- Spouse : Javier Bardem (actor, since July-2010)
- Claim to Fame : As Hermana Rosa in "All About My Mother" (1999)
- Ranked 4th in a list for the Best Dressed Ladies of 2007 compiled by InStyle Magazine.
- Included in People magazine's list of The Best Dressed Stars of 2007, nicknamed the Continental.
- Tapped to be the new face for fashion giant Mango's new collection, giving hand at designing a fashion range for the Spanish company alongside her sister, actress Monica Cruz (April 2007).
- Has been honored by French government with a Knight in the Order of Arts and Letters in a ceremony held in Paris, France on January 11th, 2006.
- Founded a non-government organisation (NGO) called Sabera Foundation, which because of different opinion it no longer exists.
- Donated all the salary she got from "The Hi-Lo Country" (1998) to the Mother Teresa's children's sanctuary in Calcutta.
- In 1997 she volunteered in Uganda for 2 months with boyfriend Faiz Ahmad.
- Voted the 7th Sexiest Female Movie Star in the Australian Empire Magazine September 2002.
- Voted #23 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).
- Attended the 2005 Grammy Awards with boyfriend Matthew McConaughey.
- Became a vegetarian after filming "All the Pretty Horses" (2000).
- Learned Italian because she wanted her part in the movie "Non ti muovere" (2004) really badly.
- Likes to keep stray cats.
- Is good friends with Salma Hayek and Goya Toledo.
- Beat more than 300 other girls at a talent agency audition when she was just 15.
- Usually called Madonna of Madrid, Spanish enchantress; Pen; or Pe.
- Was named based on Joan Manuel Serrat's song "PenÚlope."