AceShowbiz - Queen Elizabeth II spent Wednesday night, October 20 in hospital after canceling a trip to Northern Island on her doctor's orders.
Buckingham Palace officials have confirmed the 95-year-old is back at home after "preliminary investigations" into a health condition.
"Following medical advice to rest for a few days, the queen attended hospital on Wednesday afternoon for some preliminary investigations, returning to Windsor Castle at lunchtime today, and remains in good spirits," Palace officials said in a statement issued on Thursday.
A royal source reveals the Queen stayed in hospital overnight for practical reasons, while dismissing concerns her visit was in any way linked to COVID-19. She was back at her desk on Thursday afternoon and undertaking light duties.
The news comes after the Queen expressed her "disappointment" at being unable to visit Northern Ireland on Wednesday.
In a statement, Buckingham Palace said, "The Queen has reluctantly accepted medical advice to rest for the next few days... The Queen sends her warmest good wishes to the people of Northern Ireland, and looks forward to visiting in the future."
She was due to arrive in Hillsborough in County Down on Wednesday afternoon and attend a church service to commemorate the centenary of the foundation of Northern Ireland.
Elizabeth has hosted a number of events in the last few days, including a global investment summit at Windsor Castle on Tuesday evening, October 19, and last week, she appeared at the Senedd, the Welsh Assembly, and attended Westminster Abbey, where she used a walking stick in public for the first time.