Conor McGregor Pledges 'Full Cooperation' After Arrest for Smashing Fan's Phone

The former UFC champion is charged with two felonies after an altercation with a fan outside of a Miami Beach hotel.

AceShowbiz - Conor McGregor just ruined his chance to keep a clean sheet this year. The professional mixed martial artist and boxer had another run-in with the law after getting involved in an altercation with a fan outside the Fontainebleau hotel in Miami Beach on Monday morning, March 11, at around 5 A.M.

According to the Miami Beach police, the 30-year-old hunk walked out of the hotel at the same time as the fan, who attempted to take a photo of Conor with his phone camera. The Irish fighter allegedly "slapped" the phone out of the man's hand, causing it to fall to the ground.

Conor allegedly stomped on the phone several times, damaging it. He then picked up the phone, valued at $1,000, and walked away with it. The incident was caught on surveillance cameras and he was booked into Miami's Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center at 7 P.M. ET Monday.

He was charged with strong-arm robbery and criminal mischief over $1,000, both felonies. He is currently being held on $12,500 bail. He faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted on both charges.

Following his arrest, Conor's attorneys released a statement via TMZ which read, "Last evening Conor McGregor was involved a minor altercation over a cell phone that resulted in a call to law enforcement. Mr. McGregor appreciates the response of law enforcement and pledges his full cooperation."

This isn't the first time the former UFC champion was arrested. In April 2018, he was involved in a bus attack at UFC 223 Media Day. He was caught on camera throwing a metal equipment dolly at the bus's window. He and a number of other guys attempted to confront Khabib Nurmagomedov who was on the bus leaving the arena. Conor is a close friend of Artem Lobov, who has a lengthy history of beef with Khabib.

Conor surrendered to police after an arrest warrant was issued for him. He pleaded no contest to a count of disorderly conduct and was ordered to perform five days of community service and attend anger management classes.

You can share this post!

Related Posts