Jason Derulo returned to Billboard 200's top 10 with his latest album, "Everything Is 4". Marking his fourth studio installment, the LP has made its debut at No. 4 on the chart with 37,000 equivalent units.
The record is powered by lead single "Want to Want Me" which is still climbing up the charts following its release back in March. The inescapable hit, which is also the most added track in the history of Top 40 radio, has just reached a new peak on Billboard Hot 100, landing at this week's No. 5.
"I put about eight months of blood, sweat and tears into this album," Derulo told ET Online when discussing the full-length earlier this month. During the chat, he also talked about the title, which he said had something to do with his roots.
"I actually wanted to involve four seasons," he explained. "Four is the number that follows us around. There's four legs on a chair, representing a strong foundation, and foundation is important to me because I come from a Haitian family and we literally started from the bottom and to where I am right now is just crazy. I'll always remember my foundation, I'll always remember where I came from and four seasons represents change."
Colours (Lyric Video) [Feat. Sami Dan]
Browse All Video
JASON DERULO BIO
Jason Derulo was born to Haitian parents on September 21, 1989 in Miami. He started making performances since the age of five and wrote his first song, "Crush On You", when he was eight. He recalled on from where he learned music, "I grew up as a huge Michael Jackson fan, studying his videos, copying all his moves. I'd practice singing Usher and Justin Timberlake songs while doing their moves." » more
- Jason Derulo Is Writing a Movie Script, Hopes to Cast Will Smith May 29, 2018
- Jason Derulo Slammed for Terrible Halftime Performance at Vikings Vs. Lions Game Nov 24, 2017
- Jason Derulo's L.A. Mansion Burglarized, $300,000 in Cash and Jewelry Stolen Sep 25, 2017
- Jason Derulo Is a Dancing Zombie in 'If I'm Lucky' Lyric Video Sep 02, 2017
- CMT Music Awards 2017: Watch Genre-Blending Performances by The Chainsmokers and Jason Derulo Jun 08, 2017