if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Uma Thurman Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Uma Thurman
> Uma Thurman Trivia
- Famous as : Actress
- Birth Name : Uma Karuna Thurman
- Birth Date : April 29, 1970
- Birth Place : Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Spouse : Gary Oldman (actor, Oct 1990 - 1992), Ethan Hawke (actor, 1-May-98 - 20-Jul-04)
- Claim to Fame : As Mia Wallace in "Pulp Fiction" (1994)
- Is scared of closed spaces and called the experience in which she was buried alive in "Kill Bill" (2003) to be "horrific."
- Is a strong supporter of gun control laws and even participated in Marie Claire’s “End Gun Violence Now” campaign in 2000.
- Ranked 4th on Maxim.com's list of Sexiest Movie Assassins for her role as Beatrix Kiddo in the 2003 "Kill Bill" (April 2007).
- Accidentally broke her wrist on the set of her movie, "The Accidental Husband" (2008), resulted in the delay of shooting.
- Was granted an honor of a knight in the Order of Arts and Letters by the government of France on February 7, 2006.
- Ethan Hawke's book, "For Karuna," was dedicated to her.
- Her uncle, John Thurman, performs with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra as the cellist.
- Her name means "one" in Portugese and "kiss" in Polynesian.
- Her father, Robert A.F. Thurman, was the first person from western to become a Tibetan Buddhist monk
- Has been chosen to be the new face of Louis Vuitton by the year 2005.
- Consulted trainer/nutritionist Jackie Keller to help her losing weight for the role of The Bride in "Kill Bill" (2003). She lost 25 pounds in six weeks after delivered her second child by eating desserts.
- Turned down a role in Brian De Palma's "Femme Fatale" (2002).
- Was originally cast for the role of Eowyn in "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" (2002), but the part later went to Miranda Otto.
- Had been the spokesperson of Lancome cosmetics by June 2000.
- Was placed on number 99 of Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time according to the U.K. edition of Empire Magazine in 1997.
- Acquired the 20th rank in Empire Magazine's list of 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History by 1995.
- Failed to star in a planned biopic of Marlene Dietrich due to the death of its proposed director, Louis Malle.
- Her name has been used as the name of a Russian rock band which was previously known as Ne Nashego Mira.
- Is suffered from body dysmorphia, a mental disorder concerning the dissatisfaction of one's own body because of a perceived physical defect.
- Her feet were adored by Quentin Tarantino and this fascination of him could be seen in "Pulp Fiction" (1994) and "Kill Bill"(2003).
- Her daughter's name, Maya, is also the name of a character she portrayed in a TV movie entitled "Duke of Groove" (1996).
- Is Laila Morse's former sister-in-law.
- Is a member of the Board of Directors of Room to Grow, a non-profit organization which aims to enrich the lives of babies born into poverty throughout their critical first 3 years of development.
- Supported John Kerry for U.S. President in the general election.
- Her name was used as a shade of Lancome lipsticks which was only available in Asia.
- Wears shoes of size 11.
- A nude statue of her grandmother, Brigit Holmquist who was the wife of Baron Karl von Schlebrugg, can be found in the port town of Trelleborg.
- Was named for a Hindu goddess of light and beauty and the name means the one who bestows blessing. Her middle name, Karuna, is one of the four sublime abodes in Buddhism and means compassion.
- Has the same birthday with Michelle Pfeiffer, Daniel Day-Lewis, Jerry Seinfeld, and Andre Agassi.