if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Alicia Keys Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Alicia Keys
> Alicia Keys Trivia
- Famous as : R&B singer
- Birth Name : Alicia Augello Cook
- Birth Date : January 25, 1981
- Birth Place : New York City, New York, USA
- Spouse : Swizz Beatz (rapper/producer, since 31-Jul-10)
- Claim to Fame : Album "Songs in A Minor" (2001)
- In 2008, Keys was ranked in at number 80 of the Billboard Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists.
- Signed a deal with Glaceau in May 2008 to front a new campaign for its Vitamin Water line that was expected to net her more than $25 million.
- Starred in micro-TV series, titled "Fresh Takes," created by Dove Go Fresh, a fragrance collection by Dove, aired in commercial breaks across five weeks during the return of MTV's "The Hills" in March 2008.
- Included in People Magazine's annual "100 Most Beautiful People" list in April 2007.
- Persuaded her fellows in the music industry to raise their voices to help millions suffering from AIDS in Africa (Nov 29, 2004).
- Joined Missy Elliott and Beyonce Knowles to play more than 20 arena concerts in March and April (February 9, 2004).
- Ranked 6th on Maxim.com's list of Sexiest Movie Assassins for her role in the 2007 "Smokin' Aces" (April 2007).
- Offered $5,000 college scholarships, Open Doors Scholars Program, to 4 students from Jacksonville, New Orleans, Atlanta & New York City's Harlem neighborhood as part of Frum Tha Ground Up, a nonprofit organization started by her road manager, D.J. Walton
- Led the Recording category nominations at the 37th NAACP Image Awards, to be held February 25th, 2006 at the Shrine Auditorium, with four nominations including Outstanding Song and Outstanding Album.
- Signed a development deal with UPN channel to create her own TV show, which is based on her childhood experiences as a biracial youngster growing in New York (January, 2006).
- Collaborated with Bono on "Don't Give Up (Africa)," which was originally sung by Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush in 1986 and was titled "So," and donated all proceeds to "Keep A Child Alive," which provides medicine to families infected with AIDS and HIV.
- Already knows Grammy Award-winning R&B singer Usher since she was 14.
- Was featured on Eve's song "Gangsta Lovin'" taken from her 3rd album "Eve-Olution" (2002).
- Able to play either piano or guitar.
- Her secret talent is swimming.
- "Songs In The Key Of Life" (1976) by Stevie Wonder is Keys favorite album.
- Cracking her neck is Keys bad habit.
- Her idols are Stevie Wonder and Maya Angelou.
- Wrote her first song "Butterflyz" at the age of 14.
- Learns classical music from her favorite composers, like Beethoven, Mozart and Chopin.
- Her favorite ice cream is Vanilla with Chocolate Fudge.
- Her astrological sign is Aquarius.
- Once considered to call herself Alicia Wild, before later came up with her last name Keys.
- Writes and produces "Impossible," one of the songs include in Christina Aguilera's album "Stripped."
- Her mother is of Puerto Rican and Italian descent, while her father is an African-American.
- Is an honorary member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. (2004)
- Named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2002.
- Named one of People Magazine's "Breakthrough Stars of 2001".
- Graduated from the Professional Performing Arts School and accepted by Columbia University when she was only 16 years old.
- Appeared on Vibe cover, Vanity Fair music issue, SevenTeen Magazine, and Teen Magazine.
- Is the first artist to sign with J Records.
- Began taking piano lessons at age 5 at her mother's insistence, Keys started to play it at age 7.
- Lellow is her nickname.