September 21, 2010 06:48:23 GMT
The 39-year-old athlete/actress was rushed into hospital in Los Angeles on Monday after reportedly taking as much as five times the suggested dosage of Benadryl.
Former wrestler-turned-actress Chyna has been admitted to hospital in Los Angeles after allegedly over-medicating herself with a sleeping aid, according to a U.S. report. TMZ.com initially claimed the 39 year old, real name Joan Laurer, was suffering from alcohol poisoning when she was taken to UCLA Medical Center on Monday morning, September 20.
However, a source now tells the website the star took as much as five times the suggested dosage of Benadryl to help her sleep - but found herself throwing up and struggling to walk properly when she woke up. The insider adds Chyna is being treated with fluids in the emergency room and is expected to make a full recovery.
A representative for Chyna had yet to respond to requests for a comment as WENN went to press. The troubled star has a history of substance abuse and heavy drinking, and attempted to overcome her problems during a 2008 stint on U.S. reality show "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew".