May 08, 2013 06:50:12 GMT
The Iron Man depicter was reportedly negotiating his return during a private dinner with Marvel Studios chief and Disney Studios head at Spargo on May 6.
Even though Robert Downey Jr. has openly hinted at his retirement from the "Iron Man" franchise several times, there seems to be a glimpse of hope that he might change his mind. The Tony Stark depicter is reportedly in talks to reprise his iconic role in Marvel's upcoming projects "The Avengers 2" and "The Avengers 3".
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Downey discussed the contract matters with Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige and Disney Studios head Alan Horn over a private dinner thrown by the actor and his wife Susan Downey at Spargo on May 6. Sources told the site that "Iron Man 4" was not mentioned during the conversation.
Downey's latest film "Iron Man 3" has been a great success in both domestic and international box offices. The Shane Black-directed film posts the second biggest opening weekend behind "The Avengers". Considering that Downey was featured in both well-received films, it is no surprise to know that the star demands a raise of his payment if the studios really want him for their next installments in "The Avengers" film series.
Downey reportedly received more than $50 million payday for his appearance in "The Avengers". "Isn't that crazy? They are so pissed. I'm what's known as a strategic cost," the actor confirmed the number in the June issue of GQ last year. Of his possibility to suit up as Iron Man in the next stand-alone film, he said, "I had a long contract with them, and now we're gonna renegotiate," when making appearance on "The Daily Show" on April 30.