Charlie, who is diagnosed with severe ADHD and low-spectral autism, and Dani, who appeared on 'America's Got Talent' last season, are among the 14 youngsters who will race for a guest spot on 'Glee'.
Oxygen has revealed the 14 contestants of "The Glee Project" season 2 as well as their picture. Proving that it is different from other reality singing competitions, the show will feature some physically challenged contestants, such as 22-year-old Ali, who is paralyzed from the chest down. Having used a wheelchair since the age of 2, the New Yorker wants to inspire other people with disabilities who want to pursue a career in performance to follow their dreams.
Mario, who was totally blind at the age of nine due to Morning Glory Syndrome, is another aspiring singer who will compete for a guest spot on "Glee". Despite his disability, he can dance, act, and play the piano, guitar and drums. He is also a voice-over artist and does motivational speaking, comedy as well as impersonations.
There are additionally 22-year-old Charlie, a person with severe ADHD and low-spectral autism, and 21-year-old Tyler, who is half black, half white, Jewish and transgender. 23-year-old Dani, meanwhile, gets another shot at gaining public attention by joining "The Glee Project" after making it on to the Top 48 of "America's Got Talent" last season.
Season 2 of "The Glee Project" will kick off this summer on Oxygen with Lea Michele being tapped to serve as a guest mentor in the premiere episode. More details about the 14 finalists can been seen on the show's official website.
- Dani (23, Orlando): Want to play an androgynous female who bravely walks away from her Mormon upbringing if she ever got the opportunity to be on "Glee".
- Nellie (19, Tacoma): A vocalist for a local swing band and plays piano and guitar.
- Aylin (19, Chicago): Started the first female a cappella group at Loyola Academy.
- Ali (24, New York City): Has used a wheelchair since the age of 2, as a result of being paralyzed from the chest down.
- Lily Mae (18, Cape Cod): Has performed for more than 2,500 people at Symphony Hall in Boston.
- Shanna (21, Auburn): Involved in sports such as swimming, softball and basketball and also made time for show choir, band, color guard, beta club and Spanish club.
- Taryn (22, Detroit): Had never performed live for a casting panel prior to her audition for "The Glee Project".
- Tyler (21, Boca Raton): Uses Lady GaGa as a constant inspiration in his music.
- Michael (18, Chicago): The youngest contestant in "The Glee Project" season 2 and a member of a professional blues band.
- Maxfield (22, Nashville): His motivation for competing on "The Glee Project" is to win the respect of a girl he loved and lost.
- Mario (24, Maryland): A voice-over artist and dreams of publishing his autobiography and landing a recording contract.
- Blake (19, Miami): Play drums and do juggles, but his passion is acting.
- Charlie (22, New York): Has been performing for 15 years and earned his BFA in acting from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Abraham (24, San Diego): Postponed his admission into law school to pursue his dreams of taking on the entertainment industry by storm.