Paul McCartney Plans Talking to Police About Being Phone-Hacking Victim

August 05, 2011 01:23:22 GMT

After ex-wife Heather Mills claimed that a journalist from the Mirror Group admitted to hacking into her phone messages, the former member of The Beatles calls it 'horrendous violation of privacy'.


Paul McCartney
See larger image
Photo credit: /WENN

Paul McCartney is to speak to police over recent allegations that his voice mails were intercepted. The former member of The Beatles revealed his plans when speaking to reporters gathering at the Television Critics Association in Los Angeles via satellite from a concert tour stop in Cincinnati.

"When I go back [to Britain] after this tour, I am going to talk to the police because apparently I have been hacked," the 69-year-old musician said of the phone hacking scandal. "I don't know much about it because they won't tell anyone except the person themselves. So I will be talking to them about that."

The "Yesterday" hitmaker continued on, "I do think it's horrendous violation of privacy. I do think it has been going on for a long time and I do think more people than we know knew about it." Nonetheless, he stated, "But I think I should just listen and hear what the facts are before I comment."

Paul's comment came after his ex-wife, Heather Mills, told BBC's Newsnight earlier this week that a senior reporter from one of the Trinity Mirror newspapers had confessed to hacking into her voicemail by quoting details of a message left by Paul on her phone in 2001 following an argument.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter