'The Social Network' snatches the coveted Best Picture prize in addition to other two gongs which make it a big winner.
The Online Film Critics Society has unveiled their picks for the best in 2010. Continuing its triumph at several awards events, "The Social Network" takes home Best Picture kudo from OFCS. The movie leads the pack of winners with two additional prizes for Best Director (David Fincher) and Best Adapted Screenplay (Aaron Sorkin).
"Inception" follows with two awards; Best Original Screenplay for Christopher Nolan and Best Editing for Lee Smith. "True Grit" also gets two; Best Supporting Actress for newcomer Hailee Steinfeld and Best Cinematography for Roger Deakins.
Meanwhile, "Black Swan" which dominated the nominations list with seven only managed to win in one category, Best Lead Actress, for Natalie Portman's performance. As for the coveted Best Lead Actor title, it goes to Colin Firth of "The King's Speech". Christian Bale of "The Fighter" is named Best Supporting Actor.
Full Winners List of 2010 Online Film Critics Society Awards:
- Best Picture: "The Social Network"
- Best Director: David Fincher, "The Social Network"
- Best Lead Actor: Colin Firth, "The King's Speech"
- Best Lead Actress: Natalie Portman, "Black Swan"
- Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale, "The Fighter"
- Best Supporting Actress: Hailee Steinfeld, "True Grit"
- Best Original Screenplay: Christopher Nolan, "Inception"
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Aaron Sorkin, "The Social Network"
- Best Cinematography: Roger Deakins, "True Grit"
- Best Editing: Lee Smith, "Inception"
- Best Animated Feature: "Toy Story 3"
- Best Foreign Language Film: "Mother"
- Best Documentary: "Exit Through the Gift Shop"