In the wake of Michelle Aguilar's win, NBC announces 11 couples that will compete to reduce their body mass in 'The Biggest Loser: Couples 2'.
Just a few days after Michelle Aguilar was crowned the champion of "The Biggest Loser", eleven new teams consisting of two overweight people each are introduced for the new season of the reality show. The new season, according to the press release, marks several "firsts" with the series' oldest, youngest, heaviest female and heaviest contestants in the show.
Estella Hayes, 63, and her husband, Gerald "Jerry" Hayes of the same age, are the oldest team to ever participate in the show. Meanwhile 18-year-old Mike Morelli becomes the youngest, teaming up with his 54-year-old father. The heaviest female contestant would be at 379 lbs while the heaviest contestant in the show's history weighs at 454 lbs.
"The Biggest Loser: Couples 2" will return on screen January 6 at 8/7c. Host Alison Sweeney is back and so are trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels. The first winner of the couples edition will be granted a $250,000 grand prize.
On Tuesday, December 16, 27-year-old Michelle Aguilar became the second female contestant to win the show after losing 45.45% of her body mass. She started off with 242 lbs and went home with 132 lbs of weight and a $250,000 prize. She was coupled with her estranged mother Renee who lost 37.70% of her body weight.
The contenders for the new season are:
- Carla Triplett (Assistant bank manager), 36, and her best friend Joelle Gwynn (Non-profit founder), 41, Southfield, MI.
- Daniel Wright (Student), 19, Willow Spring, NC, and his best friend, David Lee (Student), 23, Fuquay-Varina, NC.
- Sione Fa (Owner, landscape company), 28, Maricopa, AZ and his cousin, Filipe Fa (Lube technician), 26, Mesa, AZ.
- Blaine Cotter (College counselor), 27, Gilbert, AZ and his cousin Dane Patterson (Real estate appraiser), 27, Mesa, AZ.
- Damien Gurganious (Industrial designer), 31, and his fiancee Nicole Brewer (Wardrobe stylist), 37, Brooklyn, NY.
- Tara Costa (Model/Finance manager), 23, New York, NY, and her friend Laura Denoux (Model/Sales director), 24, Miami, FL.
- Ron Morelli (Retired food distributor, currently City Councilman), 54, and his son, Mike Morelli (Student), 18, South Lyon, MI.
- Estella Hayes (Retired nurse), 63 and her husband, Gerald "Jerry" Hayes (Retired engineer), 63, Wheaton, IL.
- Helen Phillips (Retired retail manager), 47, Sterling Heights, MI and her daughter, Shanon Thomas (Massage therapist), 29, Centerline, MI.
- Cathy Skell (Title sales closing agent at real estate firm), 48, Shiocton, WI and her daughter, Kristin Steede (Business owner), 28, Greenville, WI.
- Amanda Kramer (Cosmetologist), 30, Boise, ID, and her sister, Aubrey Cheney (Information and education specialist), 28, Gooding, ID.