On Saturday, February 23, the thriller film starring the rehab starlet topped the 28th annual Golden Raspberry Awards by gathering 8 out of 11 prizes.
TriStar Pictures' thriller "I Know Who Killed Me" proved its domination at the best of the worst awards event as the film featuring the leading starlet Lindsay Lohan took away 8 out of 11 prizes given at 28th annual Golden Raspberry Awards on Saturday, February 23. Bringing home 8 Razzies in a single awards year, the film broke the previous record held by "Showgirls" and "Battlefield Earth" which each won 7 Razzies before.
Nominated for 9 nods, "I Know" made a clean sweep on the non-performance categories the film was nominated for. The film was hailed to be the Worst Picture of the Year beating out "Norbit", "Daddy Day Camp", "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" and "Bratz". Further, "I Know" brought Worst Director prize for its helmer Chris Siverston. It also topped the Worst Remake or Rip-Off, Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie and Worst Screenplay.
As for its leading actress, Lohan, she was awarded with triple kudos at the event. For playing twins, Aubrey and Dakota, the rehab darling received double prizes for the Worst Actress category. She also garnered Worst Screen Couple award for the same roles. Meanwhile, the rest of the performance categories was dominated by Eddie Murphy who was named Worst Actor, Worst Supporting Actor and Worst Supporting Actress for his performance in romantic comedy "Norbit". Additionally, the only film managed to sneak one loser prize from the two dominating films was "Daddy Day Camp" which was hailed as Worst Prequel or Sequel of the Year.
The complete winners list of the 28th annual Golden Raspberry Awards:
- Worst Picture: "I Know Who Killed Me"
- Worst Actor: Eddie Murphy, "Norbit"
- Worst Actress: Lindsay Lohan (as Aubrey and as Dakota), "I Know Who Killed Me"
- Worst Supporting Actress: Eddie Murphy (as Rasputia), "Norbit"
- Worst Supporting Actor: Eddie Murphy (as Mr. Wong), "Norbit"
- Worst Screen Couple: Lindsay Lohan and Lindsay Lohan (as The Yang to Her Own Yin), "I Know Who Killed Me"
- Worst Remake or Rip-off: "I Know Who Killed Me" (Rip-Off of "Hostel", "Saw" and "The Patty Duke Show")
- Worst Prequel or Sequel: "Daddy Day Camp"
- Worst Director: Chris Siverston, "I Know Who Killed Me"
- Worst Screenplay: Jeffrey Hammond, "I Know Who Killed Me"
- Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie: "I Know Who Killed Me"