Bon Jovi said they have changed the venue for two live shows in Britain this summer because of concern the new national stadium at Wembley wouldn't be
"After contact with Wembley, it is evident that the stadium will not be ready for the Bon Jovi shows in June," the rock band said in a statement released Thursday March 30th, 2006 on their Web site.
Due to such fact, the music group has changed the venue for two live shows in Britain, held June 10-11 later this year, to the nearby Milton Keynes Bowl.
Commented on that matter Bon Jovi lead singer Jon Bon Jovi said "Having closed the original Wembley Stadium, it would have been a fitting honor to open the new one. However, the most important element was always the live concerts themselves".
As for everybody to know, the new national stadium at Wembley had been expected to be finished by late last year. In fact, the deadline was later extended to January and then to March.