Home > Movie > C > Cairo Time > Comments

Cairo Time Comments

Cairo Time

Drama, Romance

August 06, 2010 (NY)

PG

Ruba Nadda

Patricia Clarkson, Alexander Siddig, Elena Anaya, Amina Annabi, Tom McCamus, Mona Hala

REVIEWS RATE:  Critics  Nothing's perfect, but it's worth seeing.    Readers  4 of 5 [Rate It]

Such a beautiful and powerful strangely timeless movie. The power resides in what is NOT done and what is NOT said..

posted by Natalie on Oct 30, 2011 11:53:56

this film is brillant, i totally loved it.The location, actors, score music,either the coffee even though i can't smell it. it feels like i was there with them.

posted by shaz on Nov 15, 2010 02:08:22

I would like to obtain the sheet music from this film - any suggestions? Thanks

posted by musical soundtrack on Oct 25, 2010 02:55:07

I loved Sid in the film but the most attractive about the film was the atmosphere around the city of Cairo. I loved the music but I hated the ending because of Juilet's husband. All the sudden he comes along when Tariq about to take Juilet to her room. That really bothers me, I feel sorry for Tariq.

posted by Naz on Jun 13, 2010 09:28:18

I loved the locations of the film. It was different and entertaining to follow, however the movie lacks any real connection between the characters and it just falls flat and ends. 7/10 - C+ review.

posted by BigSexy on May 20, 2010 06:14:03

"I loved the location of this movie and the scenes, music and people of Cairo but it was very slow and nothing much happened to make it exciting." Canada Square........ You're right...they should have inserted a car chase through Cairo in the middle of the movie....

posted by K2 Climber on May 03, 2010 08:13:04

This was a true love story. It had the qualities of English patient without the heaviness. It made me want to go to Cairo and drink coffee. The story was simple but beautiful.

posted by likes movies on Feb 14, 2010 05:27:39

there should be a soundtrack. good music. I would like to know the answer.

posted by simple on Feb 09, 2010 11:07:19

A love story that breaks the heart. Alexander Siddig is both stunning and touching in his performance. Patricia Clarkson was also a pleasure to watch. Cairo has seduced me with it's sights and sounds.

posted by Lalala on Jan 24, 2010 08:56:36

there was NO romance! I like the music, the photography, but i would not called it a romance. the characters did not even hugged. I like the actors. Alexander S. is very handsome.

posted by yasmeen on Jan 22, 2010 09:44:14

Haven't seen it yet, but I really want to. Siddig is gorgeous. Scared of how it ends though. If he or she die then I won't be able to watch it more than once, lol

posted by Ain\'tasaint on Nov 30, 2009 09:01:15

Cairo Time is the perfect fim in all repspects. The acting, direction, location and haunting mucic make this film deliciously unforgettable. It is a film full of intelligence and grace for its' audience. Johnny

posted by Cairo Time on Nov 09, 2009 01:23:30

subtle, wise, real ... utterly real

posted by my story on Oct 29, 2009 08:39:39

I loved it!!! Beautifully subtle performances by both the leads.

posted by Cairo Time on Oct 29, 2009 01:13:05