Tommy Lee Jones Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Tommy Lee Jones
> Tommy Lee Jones Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : -
- Birth Date : September 15, 1946
- Birth Place : San Saba, Texas, USA
- Spouse : Kate Lardner (1971 - 1978), Kimberlea Gayle Cloughley (30-May-81 - 1996), Dawn Jones (since 19-Mar-01)
- Claim to Fame : As Marshal Samuel Gerard in "The Fugitive" (1993)
- Was paid $7,000,000 for "Men in Black" (1997), $10,000,000 for "U.S. Marshals" (1998), and $20,000,000 plus its gross percentage for "Men in Black II" (2002).
- Raises polo ponies and invites Pro Polo players to practice in his ranch.
- Has the habit of writing the most memorable lines in his movies, such as "The Fugitive" (1993), "Under Siege" (1992), and "Eyes of Laura Mars" (1978).
- Wrote his own monologue in "Eyes of Laura Mars" (1978) without being acknowledged by Writers' Guild but was approved by director Irvin Kershner.
- His son, Austin Leonard Jones, played as his son in TV movie "Yuri Nosenko, KGB" (1986).
- Was the roommate of Al Gore, the vice president of Bill Clinton back in Harvard, and later on author Erich Segal made the characters in "Love Story" (1970) based on them.
- Never took any acting lessons, it was all about experience.
- Was injured after falling from horse while playing polo match in 1998.
- Won U.S. Polo Association's Western Challenge Cup in 1993 with his team.
- Was the only Texan to play the famous Texan figure, Howard Hughes.
- His trademark is the deadpan delivery in his movies.
- Is fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Is a keen fan of San Antonio Spurs.
- Has the same birthday with his best friend, producer, director and writer, Oliver Stone.
- Is the best friend of actor Robert Duvall and fellow Texan actors, Willie Nelson and Gary Busey.
- Is the cousin of well-known country singer, Boxcar Willie.
- Was appointed to play the role Snake Plissken in John Carpenter's "Escape from New York" (1981) but in the end Kurt Russell claimed it.
- His story of how quickly he got his agent and a job in Broadway in mere ten days was featured in "Ripley's Believe It or Not".
MORE FROM NEWS
MORE FROM NEWS
- Brielle Biermann, Ariana Biermann, Kim Zolciak
- Harry Styles, One Direction
- Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell
- Sue Vertue, Amanda Abbington, Benedict Cumberbatch, Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss
- Jimmy Smits, Miranda Otto, Corey Hawkins
- Ruth Connell, Mark Sheppard, Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins, Samantha Smith