Elton John Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Elton John
> Elton John Trivia
- Famous as : Pop singer
- Birth Name : Reginald Kenneth Dwight
- Birth Date : March 25, 1947
- Birth Place : Pinner, Middlesex, England
- Spouse : Renate Blauel (recording engineer, 14-Feb-84 - 18-Nov-88), David Furnish (filmmaker, since 21-Dec-05)
- Claim to Fame : Single "Your Song" from the album "Elton John" (1970)
- Had his name immortalized in a limited edition flavor of ice cream, created by Ben & Jerry's, called Goodbye Yellow Brickle Road, taken from his 1970s album and song of the same name (July 2008).
- Placed on the 7th spot on Forbes magazine's "100 Most Powerful Celebrities" annual list in June 2007, with an estimated earning of $53 million.
- Ranked 7th in an annual list of Britain's Richest Musical Figures released on April 27, 2007 by the Sunday Times with a fortune estimated at £225 million.
- Ranked 10th on the list of the Biggest-Grossing North American Tours of 2006 conducted by Pollstar.
- Made a brief appearance in a special gala performance of his hit West End show "Billy Elliot - The Musical" in November 2006, portraying a flat-capped miner from northern England.
- Unveils a line of candles and other home fragrance products, dubbed "The Fireside Collection", at Bath & Body Works with 10 percent of the proceeds benefiting the Elton John AIDS Foundation (October 3, 2006).
- Made the Rolling Stone's 5th-annual list of Biggest Moneymakers at No. 5 with $48.9 million.