AceShowbiz - The YSL RICO trial has officially begun. On Monday, November 27, the DA brought up the 2015 shooting at Lil Wayne's tour bus as one of the crimes that Young Thug's gang members allegedly did.
Fulton County Deputy District Attorney Adriane Love said members of Thugger's YSL gang showed up at Lil Wayne's show at the Compound in Atlanta "locked and loaded, with guns" after the "Stoner" rhymer and others were denied entry to Weezy's show. They allegedly waited for Wayne to leave and shot up his tour bus.
"They unloaded bullets into the man's tour bus," the prosecutor remarked. "Bullets for nothing, except to show their dominance."
Claiming that the act was unprovoked, the DA said, "There will be no evidence to show that Lil Wayne threatened either of them that night. But that act on the part of Jimmy Winfrey and the defendants before you today was intended to show their solidarity, their willingness to act on the behalf of- [and] their willingness to exact violence upon anyone who threatened the position of- the criminal street gang calling itself Young Slime Life."
Earlier in the opening statements, Love also claimed, "What you will not hear any evidence of is that the defendants were not involved in a criminal street gang." According to journalist Meghann Cuniff, the statement "about there not being proof the YSL defendants aren't a gang improperly shifts the burden of proof to the defense."
During the first day of trial which has been dubbed "chaotic" and "messy," Thugger's attorneys were pissed that the DA did not disclose slides that she's been showing to the jury in her opening statements. The judge did chastise the prosecution for not turning over all of their slides, but he ultimately declined the defense attorneys' motion for a mistrial.
The trial will resume Tuesday, November 28 at 7 A.M. PT with more defense opening statements.