JayDaYoungan's Father Details Shooting That Killed the Rapper, Thinks It's Driven by Jealousy

In an interview, Kenyatta Scott, who remains hospitalized after getting injured in the Wednesday, July 27 incident, says he and his son were ambushed by five men during the fatal shooting.

AceShowbiz - JayDaYoungan's father has spoken up on the shooting that killed his son. In a new interview, Kenyatta Scott, who remains hospitalized after injured in the same incident, revealed that he and his son were ambushed by five men during the fatal shooting.

Speaking to TMZ, Kenyatta said he and JayDaYoungan, born Javorius Tykies Scott, were sitting in the front yard of their Louisiana home on Wednesday evening, July 24 when a black truck pulled up and three people jumped out with guns. As Kenyatta and JayDaYoungan tried to run inside for cover, two more people approached them from the side of their house and opened fire.

Kenyatta said he was also armed and shot back to defend himself and his son, but he was shot twice in the arm. Meanwhile, JayDaYoungan was struck at least eight times. The rapper was transported to the hospital and lost a lot of blood. He underwent surgery, but eventually succumbed to his injuries.

Kenyatta believes that his son's murder by fueled by jealousy. He thinks that whoever behind the shooting was envious of JayDaYoungan's success, because the 24-year-old made it out of Bogalusa.

Bogalusa PD confirmed on Wednesday that they received a call just before 6 P.M. for a shooting at a home on Superior Ave. After conflicting reports about JayDaYoungan's condition, Bogalusa Police Chief Kendall Bullen said in a statement posted on Facebook, "We can now identify the victims as Javorius Scott, A.K.A. JayDaYoungan and close family member Kenyatta Scott Sr. We can also confirm that Javorius Scott has died as a result of his injuries. Kenyatta Scott Sr. has been transported to another facility and we have been told he is in stable condition."

The post continued, "Detectives are currently conducting interviews and working leads. Further information will follow as it becomes available." No arrest has been made as suspects have not been identified by police.

On Friday, JayDaYoungan's grandfather L.C. Jefferson said, "There will be no stone left unturned until we find out who took him. This is only what I hear. Someone came from behind the house with a ski mask on and gunned him down."

You can share this post!

Related Posts