JayDaYoungan's Funeral Guarded by Hundreds of Law Enforcement Officials

The '23 Island' rapper is laid to rest in a white casket in his hometown of Bogalusa, ten days after he was shot and killed during an ambush in front of his home.

AceShowbiz - JayDaYoungan has been laid to rest in a heavily-guarded funeral in his hometown. The young rapper was sent to his final resting place on Sunday, August 7 following a memorial service at the Bogalusa High School auditorium.

More than 300 people, including family, friends and fans, gathered at the public viewing. His body was reportedly laid in a clear casket surrounded by wreaths of white flowers and banners of him smiling, according to The Advocate.

"Jay was a good kid," his mother Latisha Jefferson said of her late son in an emotional speech during the service. "He'd give you the shirt off his back." Fellow Louisiana rapper Boozie Badazz (Lil Boosie) reportedly attended the funeral.

In a video from the funeral that has circulated online, JayDaYoungan's body was carried in a white casket out of the building by pallbearers, who wore matching white outfits.

Among the mourners mostly dressed in white were a hundred law enforcement officials from seven departments who were on standby at the funeral in case of retaliatory violence, though no such incident occurred, Bogalusa Police Chief Kendall Bullen said. The agencies were Bogalusa Police, the Washington Parish Sheriff's Office, Louisiana State Police, Hammond Police, the Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Office, the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, and the B.B. Rayburn Correctional Center.

JayDaYoungan and his father Kenyatta Scott were ambushed by several gunmen while they were sitting in the front yard of their Louisiana home in the 600 block of Superior Avenue on Wednesday evening, July 24. Kenyatta said he was also armed and shot back to defend himself and his son, but he was shot twice in the arm. Meanwhile, JayDaYoungan was struck at least eight times.

The "Elimination" emcee, born Javorius Tykies Scott, was transported to the hospital and lost a lot of blood. He underwent surgery, but eventually succumbed to his injuries, while his father survived. He was only 23 years old.

No arrests have been made in JayDaYoungan's death so far, though police suspect one person in the attack, said the Bogalusa Police Chief.

You can share this post!

Related Posts