French Soccer Star Aminata Diallo Arrested in Connection to Alleged Attack on Teammate

The Paris Saint-Germain soccer player is taken into police custody less than a week after her teammate Kheira Hamraoui was reportedly attacked by two masked men.

AceShowbiz - Aminata Diallo had a run-in with the law. According to police report, the Paris Saint-Germain player was taken into custody in connection with an alleged attack on her teammate, Kheira Hamraoui.

The 26-year-old French footballer was arrested on early Wednesday morning, November 10 at her home. The police officers confirmed in a statement that her detention was related to Kheira's complaint, though they did not explicitly link her to the assault.

Following her arrest, PSG released a statement that read, "Paris Saint-Germain can confirm that Aminata Diallo was taken into custody this morning by the Versailles Regional Police Service." The statement noted that Aminata was booked "as part of the proceedings opened following an attack on the Club's players last Thursday evening." The club, however, didn't disclose the name of the players that were attacked.

"Paris Saint-Germain condemns in the strongest possible terms the violence committed," the club stated. "Since Thursday evening the Club has taken all necessary measures to guarantee the health, well-being and safety of its entire women's team. Paris Saint-Germain is working with the Versailles Police to clarify the facts. The Club is paying close attention to the progress of the proceedings and will study what action to take."

Noel Le Graet, the president of the French soccer federation, expressed shock after Aminata was arrested. "What is suspected is implausible," Noel said. "I know both players. I am appalled if what is mentioned is true. It seems unimaginable."

On Thursday, November 4, Kheira was reportedly in Aminata's car after dinner when two masked men allegedly dragged Hamraoui out of the car and hit her on the legs with metal bars. She was left badly bruised but with no broken bones in her legs. Following the incident, the club reportedly hired additional security for other worried players.

For many in women's soccer, the police said that the incident was hard to comprehend. According to the authorities, the motivation didn't appear to be robbery as the assailants had taken nothing from the victim, but rather a single-minded effort to injure a player.

You can share this post!