AceShowbiz - Scott Baio's accuser Nicole Eggert is not backing down. The "Baywatch" actress has filed a police report against her "Charles in Charge" co-star, TMZ reports. In her report, she claimed that Scott sexually abused her when she was a minor.
The site reports that Nicole, alongside her attorney Lisa Bloom, was interviewed by detectives from Los Angeles Police Department's Sexual Assault Section on Tuesday morning, February 6. Two detectives reportedly spent two hours to interview Nicole, who detailed the alleged sexual harassment that happened when she was 14, 15 and 16. It was during the time they starred on "Charles in Charges".
Nicole later added that Scott had sexual intercourse with her when she was only 17. Scott previously denied the allegation, claiming that they had sex when Nicole had turned 18.
Also coming to the interview was Alexander Polinsky. Alexander, who played Adam Powell on the show, said that he witnessed some of the alleged sexual assaults. In addition, Nicole's attorney gave the detectives a list of witnesses who claim they observed inappropriate behavior by Scott toward Nicole.
Detectives said that they were planning to summon Scott for an interview as they would fully investigate the case, according to a source.
Recently, Scott appeared to fight back his tears after Nicole dragged his 10-year-old daughter into their war. Nicole previously said, "I'd like to see him come clean for the sake of his daughter. Be a good parent." Scott was rendered speechless after learning Nicole's remark before responding, "I can't imagine the sense of desperation Nicole Eggert has to stoop this low. That's unconscionable."
Nicole first made her allegation against Scott on January 27. She tweeted, "Ask @scottbaio what happened in his garage at his house when I was a minor. Creep."
Scott quickly denied the allegation, releasing a statement via his Twitter account. "She [Nicole] is provably wrong," Scott claimed, adding, "and because we have been telling her that since last year without result, our only conclusion is that she is deliberately lying." He also insisted that their "one and only sexual contact" happened "after she turned 18."
"When Nicole started tweeting about this again late last year, shortly after the major stories broke about sexual harassment in entertainment, my attorneys sent her and Alex Polinsky a letter advising and requesting that they take their allegations to law enforcement for a full investigation," Scott further shared. However, "they refused to do so."
"Only after Nicole Eggert was proven to be dishonest in her 'sex at 17' allegations did she create a new story about sexual contact at an even younger age. For the record, they are false too," he continued. Scott asserted that Nicole was only making these claims to capitalize on the #MeToo movement that disrupted Hollywood late last year and spurred the Time's Up initiative, which aims to combat abuse of power in the workplace.