A little over a year after releasing her breakthrough album "Same Trailer Different Park", Kacey Musgraves is coming back with a follow-up called "Pageant Material". The new record, her second to be released under a major label, is set to hit the stores on Tuesday, June 23 through Mercury Nashville.
For the album, Musgraves enlisted her "Same Trailer" collaborators including Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, Brandy Clark and Josh Osborne. Most of the 13 songs off it were recorded live in Nashville's historic RCA Studio A.
"I don't think this is a huge departure from 'Same Trailer', but hopefully it shows a lot of growth emotionally and professionally," Musgraves said of her forthcoming LP in a new interview with Nashville Lifestyle.
"The last few years have taught me a lot about touring, where I want to be musically, and about myself, so I think that played into it," added the 26-year-old singer who last year opened for Willie Nelson and Alison Krauss in addition to supporting Katy Perry's "Prismatic" tour. "I blocked off some time and went with a bunch of writers down to Texas with no theme in mind. Really, the goal was to just write good songs."
What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?
Browse All Video
KACEY MUSGRAVES BIO
Kacey Musgraves loves words and she has expressed it beautifully through her songs that lately soared on the top of charts and gained her popularity more than she's ever gotten before. "I love words," she said. "I love how intricate they can get. Even in simple conversation, I like it when language is colorful." » more
- Kacey Musgraves Marries Boyfriend Ruston Kelly Oct 15, 2017
- Kacey Musgraves Is Engaged to Ruston Kelly, Shows Her New Ring Dec 26, 2016
- Kacey Musgraves Slammed for Wanting People to Have Guns After Orlando Shooting Jun 14, 2016
- CMA Awards 2015: Carrie Underwood and More Hit the Red Carpet Nov 05, 2015
- Kacey Musgraves Apparently Disses Taylor Swift on New Song 'Good Ol' Boys' Jun 26, 2015