Raised solely by his mother, Ne-Yo was born Shaffer Chimere Smith on October 18, 1982 in Arkansas and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada where he began to develop his skills in writing songs. Ne-Yo entered the music scene as one part of an R 'n' B group called Envy but the band sadly parted ways in 2000. He was then signed by Columbia Records, only to find his album project being disappointingly shelved for more than a year, prompting him to leave the company empty-handed. However, a song which was supposed to appear on the album led to his future in music.
Another Love Song
Browse All Video
- Derek Hough and Ne-Yo Join Jennifer Lopez as Judges on 'World of Dance' Dec 01, 2016
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: Jessica Alba, Ne-Yo Pay Powerful Tribute to Gun Violence Victims Aug 01, 2016
- Ne-Yo Welcomes Son With New Wife Crystal Renay. See the Adorable Pic! Mar 16, 2016
- Ne-Yo Marries Pregnant Fiancee Crystal Renay. See the Pic! Feb 21, 2016
- 'The Wiz Live!' Review: What Twitter Says of NBC's Latest Musical Production Dec 04, 2015