if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Whoopi Goldberg Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Whoopi Goldberg
> Whoopi Goldberg Trivia
- Famous as : Actress
- Birth Name : Caryn Elaine Johnson
- Birth Date : November 13, 1955
- Birth Place : New York City, New York, USA
- Spouse : Alvin Martin (1973 - 1979), David Claessen (1-Sep-86 - Oct 1988), Lyle Trachtenberg (1-Oct-94 - Oct 1995)
- Claim to Fame : As Celie in "The Color Purple" (1985)
- Had her own range of bedding called "G Beds - Bedding by Whoopi Goldberg" which was inspired by a giant dragon tattoo on her left shoulder.
- Was dropped as the spokesperson of Slim Fast in 2004 due to her vulgar comments in public about U.S President George W. Bush during a Democratic fund-raiser at New York's Radio City Music Hall.
- Was accompanied by Michael J. Fox to attend the 1986 Academy Awards in which she landed nomination for her role in "The Color Purple" (1985).
- Was presented Kennedy Center Mark Twain Prize for Humor by 2001.
- Was portrayed as the Genie from Disney's "Aladdin" in part one of a dream scene entitled "Where a Whole New World Awaits" in the "Disney Dream Portrait Series" ads, shot by photographer Annie Leibovitz, unveiled on January 24, 2008.
- Was appointed a Goodwill Ambassador by UNICEF in 2003.
- Was listed as one of Essence Magazine's Women of the Year in 1999.
- Took over the role of Pseudolus from Nathan Lane in the 1997 Broadway revival of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum."
- Has become the first woman to host the Academy Awards when she assumed the job in 1994.
- Underwent training in singing under the guidance of Seth Riggs to prepare for her role in "Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit" (1993).
- Was mentioned Female Star of the Year at the 1993 ShoWest Convention.
- Has published two books entitled "Alice" (1992) and "Book" (1997).
- Was one of the eulogists together with Nichelle Nichols and Patrick Stewart at the funeral of "Star Trek" creator, Gene Roddenberry, in 1991.
- Took seat as one of the juries at the 1991 Cannes Film Festival.
- Became the second African American actress to obtain an Oscar after Hattie McDaniel when she won it in 1991.
- Acquired the lead role in "The Color Purple" (1985) after carrying out a private stand-up routine entitled "If E.T. landed in Oakland" in front of the film's director, Steven Spielberg, and Michael Jackson among others.
- Was chosen as one of the twelve Promising New Actors of 1985 in John Willis's Screen World.
- Once underwent jobs as a bricklayer, a bank teller and a funeral parlor make-up artist before her career took off.
- Got addicted to heroin during her younger years, but finally managed to overcome it.
- Has been one of the spokesmodels of the "Got Milk?" campaign.
- Has a rose named after her by a horticulturist as an honor to her.
- Her most favorite TV series is "The Young and The Restless."
- Received an honorary degree from Wilson College in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.
- Has kept a hairless cat called Oliver.
- Her character in "Ghost" (1990), Oda Mae Brown, ranked the 95th in Premiere Magazine's list of 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time.
- Has a tattoo of Woodstock of Charles M. Schulz's "Peanuts" on her shoulder.
- Is the co-owner of a Malibu country store/kitchen named Mary's Kitchen.
- Suffers from dyslexia.
- Has two granddaughters aside her grandson, Mason, named Amarah and Jerzey, the first one was born when she was only 34 years old.
- Owns a production company named One Ho Productions which she has ran since 1992 and has backed up most of her movies and TV projects.
- Likes collecting Fiesta Ware (china).
- Is a big fan of "Star Trek" series, even once asked its creator, Gene Roddenberry, for a role in "Star Trek: The Next Generation." She finally was given one as Guinan, a bartender in the Ten-Forward lounge.
- Her trademark includes her dreadlocks, wire-rimmed sunglass, and facial feature of having no eyebrows.
- Prefers bus to airplane since she dislikes flying.
- Was delivered by her mother, Emma Johnson, at 12:48pm-EST.
- Has nickname of Da Whoop.
- Is a left-handed person.