if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Matthew McConaughey Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Matthew McConaughey
> Matthew McConaughey Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : Matthew David McConaughey
- Birth Date : November 04, 1969
- Birth Place : Uvalde, Texas, USA
- Spouse : Camila Alves (model, since 9-Apr-12)
- Claim to Fame : As Jake Brigance in "A Time to Kill" (1996)
- Posed with his model partner Camila Alves and their newborn son, Levi Alves McConaughey, on the cover of OK! magazine, on newsstands July 24, 2008.
- Ranked 1st in In Touch Weekly magazine's Hollywood "Beach Bums" list in 2007.
- Voted No. 1 in People magazine's list of "Hottest Bachelors" in 2007.
- Made the list of "The Sexiest Stars Under The Sun" compiled by Life & Style magazine in May 2007 for having the Perfect Pecs.
- Had his legs chosen as the 2nd Hollywood's Sexiest Legs according to a poll conducted by Life & Style magazine in March 2007.
- Has his own line of T-shirt called j.k. livin.
- Named the 10th Most Annoying People of 2006 in a poll conducted by Star Magazine.
- Made the Top 5 in the poll on Sexiest Stars in America conducted by In Touch Magazine (August 2006).
- Bared his chest in an ad to promote Dolce & Gabbana's "The One" perfume for men (February 2008).
- Shares the same birthday with the rapper Sean Combs aka P. Diddy.
- Was surprised by Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992) with a tape of him doing airline training but recalled no memory of it.
- Hurt his face while training for his role as a fighter in the New Line Cinema's comedy flick "The Grackle" (December 2007).
- Included in Forbes.com list of America's Most Eligible Bachelors in August 2007.
- Was encouraged by his then girlfriend, Sandra Bullock, to work out in gym to build six packs.
- Chosen as the No. 1 "Most AB-ilicious Star" in Life & Style's list of celebrities with toned stomachs (May 2007).
- Dropped a role in "The Jackal" (1997) to star in "Contact" (1997) and "Amistad" (1997).
- Had his wax figure unveiled for public view in Madame Tussauds "Big Night" attraction in Las Vegas on April 19, 2007.
- Honored for his "Beach Body" in the so-called "What is Sexy?" list compiled by Victoria's Secret in April 2007.
- Is the 3rd Hollywood's Hunk according to the 'Guy Candy' list compiled by TV show Access Hollywood in March 2007.
- Collected $61,600 for US victims of 2005's Hurricanes after his 1971 Corvette Stingray sold out on auction website eBay (August 2006).
- Put his beloved sports car, the 1971 Corvette convertible, on eBay.com to raise money for Oprah Winfrey's Angel Network's Hurricane Katrina and Rita recovery efforts (July 2006).
- Volunteered to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
- Appeared in the back cover of November 2005 issue of Cosmopolitan Magazine.
- Owns a 1,600-acre ranch in west Texas, which he bought for $500,000.
- Suffered from baldness and was under treatment.
- Owns a production house named JKL Productions which stands for "Just Keep Livin'!" taken from his character in "Dazed and Confused" (1993), David Wooderson's life philosophy.
- Was named Grand Marshall by the 47th edition of The Daytona 500 in February 2005.
- Promoted his movie "Sahara" (2005) by traveling around U.S. with his personal Airsteam trailer for a month.
- Came with Penelope Cruz to the 2005 Grammy Awards.
- Supported his college football team The Texas Longhorns by standing on the sidelines during the 2005 Rose Bowl in which Longhorns beat Michigan 38-37.
- His role as Dirk Pitt in "Sahara" (2005) was almost taken by Hugh Jackman, but Jackman was too busy filming "X-Men 2" (2003) and performing on Broadway's production, "The Boy From Oz".
- Appeared in the advertisement of Stetson Black Cologne.
- Remains friends with his ex-girlfriends.
- Is a big fan of Washington Redskins NFL team.
- Loves to eat tuna fish.
- Loves to play golf, tennis and frisbee occasionally.
- Played in the same movie "The Newton Boys" (1998) with his brother Rooster McConaughey.
- Was a candidate for a role in "Speed 2: Cruise Control" (1997).
- Was the first option to play Jack Dawson in "Titanic" (1997) but the role eventually went to Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Went to Peru soon after the filming of "A Time to Kill" (1996).
- Likes to listen to John Mellencamp's music and wore a T-shirt from Mellencamp's "Whenever We Wanted" tour in his movie "A Time to Kill" (1996).
- Hired a maid to clean his house everyday after the paycheck from his movie "Boys on the Side" (1995).
- Spoke in Australian accent post his one-year stay in the continent in 1989.
- Was crowned "Most Handsome" in his Longview High School senior year.
- Joined the college fraternity Delta Tau Delta during his study in University of Texas.
- Develops a close bond with his mother Kay McConaughey.
- Is of Irish ancestry.