if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Jodie Foster Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Jodie Foster
> Jodie Foster Trivia
- Famous as : Actress
- Birth Name : Alicia Christian Foster
- Birth Date : November 19, 1962
- Birth Place : Los Angeles, California, USA
- Spouse : Alexandra Hedison (photographer, since Apr-2014)
- Claim to Fame : As Iris Steensma in "Taxi Driver" (1976)
- Ranked 9th in The Hollywood Reporter's annual list of the Highest-Paid Actresses in Hollywood in 2007 with $10 million to $12 million a project.
- Received an honorary doctor of arts degree on May 15, 2006, during which she ending her address with the chorus of Eminem's "Lose Yourself" from "8 Mile".
- Was included in the VH1's list of 100 Greatest Kid Stars at #4.
- Stated that she regretted not knowing how it felt like not to be a famous star.
- Had appeared in many Japanese commercials including Honda Civic, Keri cosmetics, Morinaga Caffe Latte, and the Pasona Temporary Agency.
- Her measurements are 34B-24-33 1/2.
- Her favorite book is J.D. Salinger's "Franny and Zooey".
- Fancies eating organic food.
- Has a collection of fancy kitchenware and black and white photos.
- Likes to do kickboxing, yoga, karate, aerobics, and weightlifting.
- Owns two convertibles.
- Was pointed to give Commencement Speech at University of Pennsylvania on May 15, 2006.
- Her role in "Flightplan" (2005) as Kyle was originally written for Sean Penn.
- Ranked the 57th Greatest Movie Star of All Time by Entertainment Weekly.
- Has the same birthday with Meg Ryan and Allison Janney.
- Turned down the role as the mother in the 2003 version of "Freaky Friday" (1976) because the casting stunt would outshine the movie's overall value.
- Her role as Clarice Starling in "The Silence of the Lambs" (1991) positioned #6 in the 'heroes' list of AFI's 100 Years 100 Heroes and Villains in 2003.
- Was about to be the president of the Cannes Film Festival jury but withdrew herself after offered the last minute role as Meg Altman in "Panic Room" (2002) and only had 9 days preparation.
- Listed as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2002.
- Temporarily shut down her production house Egg Pictures in late 2001 to spend more time with her sons.
- Stated that an anonymous donor is the biological father of her sons, Charles and Kit.
- Her son Kit was weighing 6 lbs 3 oz at his birth on September 9, 2001.
- Received Honorary Degree from Smith College, Massachusetts and was asked to deliver the commencement speech in the 2000 graduation of Smith College, but eventually had to decline it.
- Her role as Elizabeth Parsons in "Double Jeopardy" (1999) was taken by Ashley Judd after she discovered her pregnancy.
- Was said to have a $12,000 make up and hairdo to appear in"60 Minutes II" (1999), a show to promote "Anna and the King" (1999) but CBS denied its correctness.
- Had an asteroid named 17744 Jodiefoster in her honor in 1998.
- Was interested in taking the role Eleanor Arroway in "Contact" (1997) as early as 1995 but backed out for sometime before returning after the script was rewritten.
- Was chosen #18 in The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time in the October 1997 issue of Empire magazine.
- Listed in Empire magazine's list of 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History at #45 in 1995.
- Played the role Annabel Bradsford in "Maverick" (1994) after Meg Ryan declined it.
- Spoke in Yale's Class Day in 1993 and received an honorary Doctor of Fine Arts degree from the institution 4 years later.
- Her stuntwoman was Jill Stokesberry since her film "Sommersby" (1993).
- Developed a relationship with Cydney Bernard since he became the production coordinator of her movie "Sommersby" (1993).
- Learnt to steer a horse-pulled buckboard for her role as Laurel Sommersby in "Sommersby" (1993).
- Directed "Little Man Tate" (1991) after director Joe Dante backed out due to creative differences and she asked her friend at Yale, Davis Hyde Pierce to appear in the film.
- Rejected listening to homemade tapes of serial killers torturing their victims that were provided for her to prepare her role as Clarice Starling in "The Silence of the Lambs" (1991).
- Researched at the FBI training center, learnt firearms and sat in a number of agent classes for her role as an FBI agent in "The Silence of the Lambs" (1991).
- Replaced Michelle Pfeiffer to play Clarice Starling in "The Silence of the Lambs" (1991).
- Attended rape support group meetings and also read stories of rape cases in preparation for her role as a rape victim in "The Accused" (1988).
- Named her production company Egg Pictures after the character played by Seth Green in "The Hotel New Hampshire" (1984) which she also starred in.
- Declined a role in the short film "Me and Rubyfruit" (1989) twice.
- Her mother Brandy became her agent until she reached 20.
- Was about to play in "The Best Little Girl in the World" (1981) but the TV movie was stopped by actors strike and by the time it was ready, she had gone to Yale.
- Her brother wrote an unauthorized biography of her, saying that she was bisexual.
- Her brother, Buddy Foster was assigned to play her lover in "Foxes" (1980) but then he was recast for another part.
- Sang the soundtracks of her movie "Moi, fleur bleue" (1977), such as "Je T'Attends Depuis La Nuit Des Temps," "When I Looked at Your Face" and "La Vie C'est Chouette."
- Included as 1 out of 12 Promising New Actors of 1976 in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 28.
- Was replaced by her older sister Constance Foster for explicit scenes in "Taxi Driver" (1976).
- Studied the life of a young prostitute to prepare her role as Iris in "Taxi Driver" (1976) and the girl also appeared in the film as one of her friends on the street.
- Was the youngest host of "Saturday Night Live" (1975) at 14 years old before Drew Barrymore appeared in the show in 1982 at the age of 7.
- Was mauled by a lion and carried around in its mouth when she was filming "Napoleon and Samantha" (1972).
- Didn't like the Golden Globe winning series "All in the Family" (1971) because it seemed to be doing the same thing each week.
- Was born at 8:14 AM PST.