if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Joaquin Phoenix Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Joaquin Phoenix
> Joaquin Phoenix Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : Joaquin Rafael Bottom
- Birth Date : October 28, 1974
- Birth Place : San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : As Commodus in "Gladiator" (2000)
- Included as one of the runners-up in PETA's annual online poll on the "World's Sexiest Vegetarian" announced on May 22, 2006.
- Included in PETA's World's Sexiest Vegetarians list for 2007.
- Involved in a car crash caused by brake failure in early 2006 but was not seriously injured.
- Directed the video of "Tired of Being Sorry" by the band Ringside in 2005.
- Provided his own voice for the songs in "Walk the Line" (2005) as well as the duet with co-star Reese Witherspoon.
- Is half a foot shorter than the real Johnny Cash whom he played in "Walk the Line" (2005).
- Dragged himself to a rehab to cure his alcoholism in 2005. The act was meant to encourage other people who had the same problem to get treatment.
- Admitted that he never read the news or reviews about him.
- Doesn't want to wear any costumes made of animal skin in "Gladiator" (2000) and "Walk the Line" (2005) and asked them to be replaced with synthetic.
- Declined wearing Prada shoes during a photo shoot because they were made of leather.
- Brought along his mother to the premiere of "Gladiator" (2000) and also the 2001 Academy Awards.
- Promoted "Gladiator" (2000) on both "Late Show with David Letterman" (1993) and "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992).
- Is the uncle of Liberty Phoenix's children Rio Everest, Indigo Orion and Scarlette Skye, Rain Phoenix's son Jonas Winter and Summer Phoenix's son Indiana August.
- His best friend, Casey Affleck became engaged with his sister, Summer Phoenix in late 2003.
- Lived in the same apartment building in New York City with his sister Summer Phoenix, best friend Casey Affleck and director Gus Van Sant.
- Was the one who dialed 911 to call an ambulance for his brother, River Phoenix after he collapsed outside Johnny Depp's nightclub "The Viper Room" in 1993.
- Is a chain smoker.
- Is able to speak Spanish fluently.
- Is a spokesperson for the largest animal rights organization, PETA.
- Dropped out of high school in ninth grade after asked to dissect a frog.
- Refused to appear in advertisements that sell meat products despite the need of money and job when he was a child.
- Is a strict vegetarian since he and his siblings saw fishermen knocked fishes dead on timbers when they were little.
- Was born on the same day, year and city as 1993 Miss Puerto Rico, Dayanara Torres Delgado.
- Has the same birthday as actress Julia Roberts.
- His scar look-alike on his lip was explained as a birthmark.
- His nickname is Kitten.
- Changed his name into Leaf after raking leaves with his father.
- His first original name Joaquin is pronounced as "WAA-keen".