if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
- Home > Celebrity
> Jay-Z Trivia
- Famous as : Rapper
- Birth Name : Shawn Corey Carter
- Birth Date : December 04, 1969
- Birth Place : Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Spouse : Beyonce Knowles (singer, since 4-Apr-08)
- Claim to Fame : Single "Dead Presidents" (1996)
- He and Beyonce Knowles won the No. 1 spot on Forbes' list of Hollywood's 20 Top-Earning Couples, earning $162 million between June 1, 2007 and June 1, 2008.
- He was one of the World's Most Influential People in 2005 by Time magazine.
- He and Beyonce Knowles were given a fake fur throw as a wedding present by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) in April 2008.
- Ranked 2nd in Esquire Magazine's fourth annual Best Dressed Men in the World list in August 2007.
- Teamed up with Coca-Cola, helped launching its Cherry Coke line in TV commercials and having his Rocawear label designed the soft drink's new cans as well (January 2007).
- Having his Rocawear clothing label inked a licensing deal with cosmetics giant Elizabeth Arden to unveil new men's and women's fragrances, cosmetics, and skincare products (November 2007).
- Voted the 1st in Forbes magazine's "Hip-Hop Cash Kings" list in August 2007 with an estimated earning of $34 million by 2006.
- Was one among the many musicians contributed to Notorious B.I.G.'s "Duets: The Final Chapter" (2005).
- Writes his own cover story in the VIBE Magazine.
- Is the 1st non-athlete to have his own signature sneaker, the S. Carter, by Reebok.
- Appointed as the new president and CEO of Def Jam Recordings.
- Best friend with Eminem.
- Is one of the founders of Roc-a-Fella Records.
- Often been called "The God MC."
- Ranked 9th on Forbes magazine's "100 Most Powerful Celebrities" annual list in June 2007, with earning an estimated $83 million.
- He along with girlfriend Beyonce Knowles were named the Sexiest Couple in the so-called "What is Sexy?" list compiled by Victoria's Secret in April 2007.
- Sold his clothing company "Rocawear" to Iconix Brand Group for $204 million in cash (March 2007).
- Teamed up with General Motors (GM) in creating a new sport utility vehicle (SUV), called "Jay-Z Blue" (January 2007).
- Along with girlfriend, Beyonce Knowles, earned the Big Power Couple honor at the "VH1 Big In '06 Awards", held December 3rd in Culver City, California.
- Included in GQ magazine's 11th annual Men of the Year list in November 2006.
- Has been hired by Anheuser-Busch as the new co-brand director for its beer line called Budweiser Select (Oct 2006).
- Launched a contest for the new theme song of NBA's New Jersey Nets (February 2006).
- Named International Man of the Year during GQ magazine's awards ceremony held at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden in September 2005.
- Announced in September 2005 with P. Diddy their $1 million joint donation to the American Red Cross to help victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- His 2004 album "Collision Course" with Linkin Park successfully reached Platinum by August 2005.
- Partnered with watchmaker Audemars Piguet to create a limited-edition timepiece, which is a series of 100 watches that will retail for between $23,500 and $69,500 with a portion of the proceeds to benefit the S. Carter Scholarship Fund (April 2005).
- Joined forces with the United Nations and MTV to film a documentary, titled "The Diary of Jay-Z: Water for Life", slated to air November 24, 2006, about the lack of accessible fresh water around the world.
- Celebrated the 10th anniversary of his first album, "Reasonable Doubt" (1996), at a concert held June 25th, 2006 at Radio City Music Hall in New York.
- He has three different nicknames; Jigga, Jay-Hova, and Hova.
- He has conflict with rapper Nas.
- He discovered rapper Malicious Jynx.
- He is a 'ghostwriter' for Foxy Brown, Ma$e, Dr. Dre, etc.
- Jay-Z business empires include: Roc-A-Fella Records, Roc-A-Wear Clothing, Roc-A-Wear Films, Armadale Vodka, and a sport bar called 40/40 Club.
- He is the first hip hop artist to have his own Showtime TV concert special aired live.
- Jay-Z's partners in his early group "Original Flavor" are Damon Dash and Kareem 'Biggs' Burke.
- He is the 1st hip hop artist to be featured on TV program "60 Minutes II."
- Prince Charles invited Jay-Z and girlfriend Beyonce Knowles to dine at Buckingham Palace.
- His autobiography entitled "The Black Book."