if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
George Strait Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> George Strait
> George Strait Trivia
- Famous as : Country singer
- Birth Name : George Harvey Strait
- Birth Date : May 18, 1952
- Birth Place : Poteet, Texas, USA
- Spouse : Norma Voss (since 4-Dec-71)
- Claim to Fame : Album "Ocean Front Property" (1987)
- Ranked 8th in the poll on Sexiest Male Country Stars conducted by Country Weekly, the edition of which hit the newsstand June 16th, 2006.
- Hosts the annual George Strait Team Roping Classic.
- Enjoys fishing, riding motorcycles, steer-roping, hunting, skiing and golf.
- Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world .
- Received a (USA) National Medal of Arts, 2003.
- Has the most number one country hits, which is fifty, of any recording artists ever.
- Was named Entertainer of the Year by the CMA. 
- Named the Academy of Country Music's Male Vocalist of the Year for three consecutive years; 1984, 1986, and in1988.
- His 9th album titled "Ocean Front Property" (1987) became the first album in their history to debut at #1 on Billboard's Country Music Charts.
- Was named Entertainer of the Year by both the Academy of Country Music (ACM) and the Country Music Association (CMA). 
- Handed the American Success Award by President George Bush. 
- Has scored 36 No. 1 hits on Billboard magazine's Country Singles chart; such attainment ever did by Bing Crosby and Conway Twitty.
- His 2000 duet with Alan Jackson on "Murder on Music Row" was named the Country Music Association's 2001 Song of the Year.
- Has released a total of 28 albums for MCA Nashville Records.
- His backing musicians are called the Ace in the Hole band.
- His biggest music influences, including Hank Williams, George Jones, and Merle Haggard.
- During the Vietnam War era, he served a three-year stint in Hawaii with the U.S. Army, in which first in the payroll department and later in entertainment/music.
- Eloped with his high school sweetheart, Norma Voss, who is his future wife.
- His parents split when he was in 4th grade.
- Usually called King George.
- Was born at 2:00am-CST.