if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
- Home > Celebrity
> Coldplay Trivia
- Famous as : Alternative rock band
- Birth Name : Starfish
- Birth Date : 1998
- Birth Place : London, United Kingdom
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : Single "Yellow" (2000)
- Contributed a song titled "Part Of The Plan" in rapper Swizz Beatz' album "One Man Band Man".
- Won the British Single award for their "Speed Of Sound" and MasterCard British Album award for "X&Y" at the 2006 annual Brit Awards.
- Secures the 5th place in a poll conducted by music channel VH1 on Britain's Favorite Lyric thanks to "Yellow" (April 2006).
- Won the International Album Of The Year prize at the 2006's Juno for their album "X&Y".
- Topped the 2005's global charts with their album "X&Y" sold 8.3 million copies around the world.
- Their 2nd album "A Rush of Blood to the Head" (2002) reached multi-platinum.
- All the band's personnel usually hang out, play football and go out to eat together to bring back their original music style.
- Refuse to sell their songs to be used in product ads, yet allow them to be used in film, televison and promotional spot.
- Released a new song and music video on their official site due to the birth of frontman's daughter.
- Album "Parachutes" (2000) was criticized due to its similarity to Radiohead's music.
- Loves to perform at charity concerts.
- Actively supports many social and political issues.
- The band also known for performing covers from various artists.
- The band often made silly videos to be put on their official site.
- All personnel are not allowed to use drugs.
- They decided to share the profits equally.
- The name "Coldplay" was originally given by a friend who thought that it was too depressing.
- Before turned into a band, frontman Martin had considered to form a boyband called Pectoralz.