February 16, 2011 04:32:00 GMT
After the actor blamed CBS executives for holding up the show's production, Chuck Lorre states, 'If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I'm gonna be really p**sed.'
The creator of Charlie Sheen's hit sitcom "Two and a Half Men" has risked the wrath of the show's star after poking fun at his personal troubles in a brief message tagged onto the end of Monday night's February 14 episode. TV bosses at CBS suspended filming on the Chuck Lorre comedy at the end of January to allow Sheen time to undergo rehab treatment, but the actor stunned fans on Monday, February 14 when he phoned into a U.S. radio show and told presenter Dan Patrick he was ready and willing to work - and blamed CBS executives for holding up production.
Sheen, 45, said, "We're on forced hiatus. They said, 'You get ready, we'll get ready', and I got ready and went back and... no one's there. I'm here and I'm ready. They're not. Bring it!" Representatives for CBS and 58-year-old Lorre have yet to formally respond to Sheen's claims, but the "Two and a Half Men" creator decided to air his grievances with the star's alleged drinking, drug taking and sexual exploits in a post which ran on U.S. TV for just a few seconds on Monday night.
Part of the message read, "I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't have crazy, reckless sex with strangers. If Charlie Sheen outlives me, I'm gonna be really p**sed." It's not the first time Lorre has used the end credits of the program to express his views - he ran a similar message earlier this year after Sheen hit the headlines for some of his other off-camera antics.
Sheen hit the headlines last month after a wild night of partying with porn stars and pals at his Hollywood home ended with a hospital visit. The actor was reportedly treated for a hernia. Upon his release from hospital, Sheen signed up for an at-home rehab stint.