July 03, 2010 07:15:04 GMT
Claudio Trotta of Barley Arts has avoided jail after being charged with disturbing the peace following the star's overran in Milan in 2009.
An Italian concert promoter has been found not guilty on a charge of disturbing the peace after Bruce Springsteen overran his time slot and breached the venue's curfew at a concert in Milan in 2009. Claudio Trotta of Barley Arts faced up to a month behind bars after The Boss' June, 2009 gig at the San Siro stadium ended 22 minutes past the agreed finish time.
The case went to court this week and Trotta was cleared of the allegation, reports Billboard.
In a statement to the site, Trotta said that he is "happy" about the verdict, but added that "a deep wound still exists. During the trial it was alleged that Springsteen had been paid on a per-minute basis to play an encore." Trotta said that this showed "a serious lack of respect not only towards Springsteen and myself, but also towards the members of the public," adding the acquittal "shows that people are in fact free to gather together and enjoy both life and a great show."