J.Lo and Marc Anthony Sued for Stealing 'Q'Viva' Idea

Marc Anthony, Jennifer Lopez

A man claimed he came to his and her production companies about a reality show where two famous Latinos travel in search for talent.

Jennifer Lopez and her ex husband Marc Anthony are sued for allegedly ripping off someone else's concept of reality show. A man named John Jacobs filed a lawsuit in New York, claiming the couple stole his idea for "Q'Viva! The Chosen".

The Latin American talent show is produced by the ex-spouses and was premiered in March last year on FOX. Jacobs said in his lawsuit that he pitched in his show idea "Miami Beach: The Game" in 2007 and 2008 to Marc Anthony Productions and Lopez's Nuyorican Productions. His idea was to combine two well-known Latino celebrities who would travel in search of the next big superstar.

Per TMZ, Jacobs said the companies expressed their interest at first but did not return his calls afterwards. Jacobs realized that his idea was stolen when seeing the ads for "Q'Viva". He said in the lawsuit, "They were so similar that they were twins."

Jacobs is suing for $25 million after not getting a response from Univision that aired the Latin version of the show. Meanwhile, Marc Anthony Productions did not give any comment on the lawsuit.

© AceShowbiz.com

More Q'Viva! The Chosen News


    Dec 25, 2013

    This guy Jacob has a YouTube video that was posted over a year ago. He displays what seems to be legitimate paperwork to back up his story. Anthony and JLO must have known and simply ignored the guy. They shouldn't be too surprised by the lawsuit.

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *