November 19, 2013 05:59:31 GMT
Bundchen and Brady's ex-bodyguards are convicted on attempted murder after they allegedly fired shots directed at a car carrying paparazzi during the stars' wedding.
Two bodyguards who previously worked for Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady were found guilty of attempted murder on Friday, November 15 after they were accused of firing shots at paparazzi. The bodyguards, Miguel Solis and Alexander Rivas, will spend five years in jail following the sentencing, E! News reports. Another man was acquitted.
The incident took place at Bundchen and Brady's 2009 wedding in Costa Rica. The bodyguards fired shots at a car carrying two paparazzi who tried to take photos from the nuptials. "The bullet went between us, missing our heads. If the bullet been a little more to the left or right, it would have killed one of us," photographer Rolando Aviles said back then.
"I said, 'They're going to kill us,' and that's when I hunched down to cover myself. When the glass broke, that's when my friend started driving really fast. I could have lost my life for the sale of some pictures that Gisele didn't want published. Are they insane?" he added.
In a 2009 interview with Sports Illustrated, Brady denied that the bodyguards had guns with them. "Absolute, total B.S. We found two guys on our property, and we told them to get out. Our security guys didn't even have guns. There were no shots fired," the football player said.