Jared Leto Turns Down Offer to Direct Kanye West's Music Video

September 25, 2013 05:57:36 GMT

The frontman of rock band 30 Seconds to Mars says that the offers to direct other musicians' music video are 'always flattering', but he doesn't 'really have the time to do it.'


Jared Leto Turns Down Offer to Direct Kanye West's Music Video
See larger image

Jared Leto revealed that he had been asked to direct music videos for fellow musicians, including Kanye West. In a new interview with BBC, the frontman of rock band 30 Seconds to Mars said that he was "flattered," but he had to turn down the offer because he was too busy with his own work.

"I'd been asked by various people to direct videos," the 41-year-old singer and actor said. "People like Kanye West have reached out, and that's always really flattering, but it's hard to find the time to do that for other people."

"Usually when I make a video, directing, editing, production, it takes me months and months and months," Leto explained. "It's not really a short-term affair, so I tend to not really have the time to do it for other people. It'd be fun to, at some point, you never know."

Leto and West collaborated on 30 Seconds to Mars' 2009 single called "Hurricane". Earlier this year, Leto sat down for an interview with Huffington Post and talked about the collaboration. "[West]'s very spontaneous and he doesn't really second guess himself," Leto said.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter