August 23, 2013 02:22:22 GMT
A representative for Sly says the actor may be involved in the 'Rambo' TV series in some capacity, but he will not reprise his iconic role for the small screen.
"Rambo" may be coming to the small screen, but without Sylvester Stallone. Contrary to a statement released by Entertainment One and Nu Image, a representative for the action film star says there's no chance he will reprise his iconic role on the TV adaptation.
"While a television series based on the 'Rambo' property is in development with Entertainment One and Nu Image, contrary to reports, Sylvester Stallone will certainly not reprise his role as the iconic John Rambo for the small screen," Sly's rep says. The rep adds that Stallone may still be involved in a creative capacity, but "he himself will not portray the character in the series."
Previously, Entertainment One announced its partnership with Avi Lerner's Nu Image to develop a TV series based on "Rambo" movie series. The companies said they were in negotiations with "The Expendables" actor to get involved in the project on a "creative level" and to potentially reprise his role as the title character.
"I'm excited by the prospect of collaborating again with my good friend Sly for an encore in this next phase of the Rambo legacy," Lerner stated. eOne TV CEO John Morayniss also showed high confidence in the project, "Rambo fans cover all demographics and we're confident that we'll quickly find this series a home."