In the toxicology report, it's revealed that the son of Sylvester Stallone suffered coronary heart disease but had 'no signs of an overdose.'
The cause of Sage Stallone's death was officially announced, more than a month after he was found dead. Contrary to rumors that he died of drug overdose, it's revealed that the son of Sylvester Stallone died of heart attack as a result of coronary heart disease caused by atherosclerosis.
According to a toxicology report released by the L.A. County Coroner, there was no drug found in Sage's body except for "a sub-therapeutic level of hydrocodone." Lt. Fred Corral from the coroner's investigative division said, "There were no signs of an overdose. It was just a natural death."
Coroner Chief Craig Harvey said the former child actor had a history of being a heavy smoker that became one of the major factors of the heart disease that led to his death. His family, however, claimed he didn't smoke much lately and turned to electric cigarette instead.
Sage was Sly's son with ex-wife Sasha Czack. He was found dead in his Los Angeles home on Friday, July 13. He was 36 years old. He played Sly's on-screen son Robert Balboa in 1990's "Rocky V" and reunited with his famous father in 1996's "Daylight".
"This agonizing loss will be felt for the rest of our lives. Sage is our first child and the center of our universe and I am humbly begging for all to have my son's memory and soul left in peace," the action movie veteran said after Sage's death.