The Steven Tyler-led rock band will visit big stadiums across North America with Cheap Trick as the opening act.
This summer, Steven Tyler and his bandmates will travel through United States for the first time in two years. Aerosmith announced the dates for their 2012 Global Warming North American Tour, which will kick off on June 16 at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota and wrap up on August 8 in Tacoma, Washington.
"The old Aerosmith is back with a new vengeance and we will kick your ass and make out with your mothers," said Tyler in a statement. Guitarist Joe Perry added, "Can't wait to bring this band back home. It feels like we've been away too long."
Breaking a hint of what their fans can expect from this tour, bassist Tom Hamilton said, "After touring Japan and South America last year we're psyched about bringing it all back for the hometown fans. We're going to break out the classics, the hits and maybe even some of the new ones we've been banging out in the studio. Can't wait to get to Minneapolis."
The tour, which would be opened by Cheap Trick, is conducted in support of the band's new album which is expected to be released in May. More dates reportedly would be added.
- 6/16 Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
- 6/19 Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
- 6/22 Chicago, IL - United Center
- 6/27 Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
- 7/1 Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum
- 7/3 Bristow, VA - Jiffy Lube
- 7/5 Detroit, MI - The Palace of Auburn Hills
- 7/7 Milwaukee, WI - Marcus Amphitheater, Summerfest
- 7/17 Boston, MA - TD Garden
- 7/21 Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
- 7/24 East Rutherford, NJ - IZOD Center
- 7/26 Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
- 7/28 Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
- 7/30 Houston, TX - Toyota Center
- 8/1 Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
- 8/4 Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena
- 8/6 Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl
- 8/8 Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome