John Mellencamp, Steven Van Zandt, Carole King, Robbie Robertson and Smokey Robinson also join presenters who will introduce this year's inductees.
Those who will present this year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees have been revealed. The likes of Chris Rock, Bette Midler, Chuck D, Smokey Robinson, John Mellencamp, Carole King and Robbie Robertson have been tapped as presenters.
"Death at a Funeral" actor Rock will introduce Red Hot Chili Peppers, and "Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore" star Midler will salute Laura Nyro. Meanwhile, Public Enemy's Chuck will be on hand to present Beastie Boys.
Missing from the newly-announced list is the star who will introduce Guns N' Roses. Rumor has it, the GNR presenter is still being finalized and will be announced sometime soon.
Introducing the class of 2012, the 27th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place on Saturday, April 14 at Public Hall in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. The gig will be taped for a later broadcast on HBO on May 5.
- Beastie Boys will be inducted by Chuck D
- Donovan will be inducted by John Mellencamp
- Small Faces / The Faces will be inducted by Steven Van Zandt
- Red Hot Chili Peppers will be inducted by Chris Rock
- Laura Nyro will be inducted by Bette Midler
- Guitarist Freddie King will be inducted by ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill
- Music publisher veteran Don Kirshner will be inducted by Carole King
- Record producers Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd and Glyn Johns will be inducted by Robbie Robertson
- Backing groups The Blue Caps, The Comets, The Crickets, The Famous Flames, The Midnighters and The Miracles will be inducted by Smokey Robinson